We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Orlando Vacation Day 6

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,166 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Our Orlando Vacation Day 6

Woke up to a better day i hope after yesterdays fiasco showered and ate breakfast packed our snacks and water and headed out to Magic Kingdom arrived at 845 AM it was a nice sunny day,many folks were arriving early i said to my DW its gonna be a crowded park today and yes it was.So where off into the park and we see Minnie Mouse and a line to get a pic with her so my darling nieces and FD all got their pics taken while we waited.Had a interesting conversation with a guy behind me in line he was from England his wife was from New York and they live in North Carolina they where there with their family who came over from the UK they were staying 3 weeks.So then came DW and my turn to get our pics taken with Minnie i told you guys i am still a kid at heart yes i am.

We had Fast Passes for Space Mountain,Big Thunder Railroad and Splash Mountain was not able to get Seven Dwarfs Mine Train plus the wait was long all day so we just said maybe next year if we go.So we took the train and headed over to Frontierland we had a late FP for Splash Mountain but since the wait was only 20 minutes we decided to go on it except for you know who yes F and FD did not ride we enjoyed it did not get soaked which was fine with me at that time it was already 11AM boy does time fly it was time for Big Thunder Railroad were we used our FP and yes F and FD declined again thats fine did not spoil my fun iwas paired with DN2 and DW and DN3 and BiL with DN1 and you know i really had to hold on to DN2 because the fact she is so thin the lap bar had a space between her leg and the bar but all was fine really enjoyed that ride and all the girls loved it.

So we then hoped on the train and it was time for FP for Space Mountain in Tomorrowland the wait for SM was 55 minutes we got on in about 15 what a long walk to the ride and yes it was only 3 of us that did it myself,BiL and DN3 she was having second thoughts but she decided ok i will give it a go she simply loved it and i am saying to myself why not Busch Gardens anyway the other crew did the Tomorrowland Speedway we met up and decided to have lunch near the front entrance.A lot of pepole were still arriving it was about 1230PM.

So after lunch it was time to relax our next FP was for Splash Mountain at 6PM so we had time to kill we headed up to Liberty Square we did the Haunted Mansion DW and FD skip this one and yes F got on this one wow.and then on to Its a Small World everybody did this one and over to Hall of Presidents which i really enjoyed.Then we just remembered it was time for the 3PM Main Street Parade which we got great pics and was great and too see smiles on the throngs of kids there is simply Priceless.Some of the rides that we did not do because the wait time was 60+minutes like Buzz Lightyear and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train .So did the Liberty Riverboat whih had only a 20 minute wait.So by the time we got off it was 630PM and it was time for our last FP again Splash Mountain and guess what everyone road this time and it started to rain a little not like the other days.So we went and bought some snacks including Popcorn.So after a few twist and turns and a lot of walking it was 9PM and time for the Nightime Electric Parade and that was awesome the park was still very packed after that show we decided to leave with just a bunch of others by the time we got to our car the fireworks show began and we could see it from the parking lot very spectacular.And then time to go home boy everyone was exhausted i have to say by far this was the best day we had kudos even to F who did a couple of rides.

Next Day 7 A Day Of Rest

Edited: 27 August 2014, 03:02
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
329 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 6

Great trip report sounds like you had a fantastic day. Boy the F is a real stick in the mud. None of the rides at any of the Disney parks are that bad. You have a lot more patience then me i would be fed up to the gills anyways you are a great ring leader and sound like a lot of fun. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,873 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 6

Long, busy day. You guys got a lot done though :)

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,166 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 6

Yes Eileen could you imagine if i had to pay for those tickets you would have got a pretty different version and smoke coming out of my ears and thanks for those kind words.Yes Princess a very long day thats why we took a day off between the 2 busiest parks.

Edited: 27 August 2014, 03:52
St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 6

Glad you had a better day today All thd rides at MK are ok for children dose F not realise this at least she went in some things Can't wait to see the new 3 pm parade in a few weeks time Enjoy your rest day tomorrow

Level Contributor
1,077 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 6

Sounds like a much better day; I felt like I was there with you! Love, love, love MK!

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 6

That's a long old day. Good to see some rides done by the crew. You may have one convert with space mountain. Enjoy the rest

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 6

Glad your MK day went to plan, not surprised you were exhausted..a well deserved rest day for day 7 :0)

8. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 06:15