We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! November 2014 trip!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Help! November 2014 trip!

My husband and I have recently decided to take a trip to Disney the week of Thanksgiving with my 6 year old son and 8 month old (at the time) daughter!! My hubby and I have been to Disney once 10 years ago on Thanksgiving week so I know it will be crowded. This will be my kids first trip.Trying to arrange lodging off site using my friends timeshare but it looks like that might fall through. If I need a hotel on-site I am looking all the All-Star hotels (Movies, Music,Sports)...is there one that is better than the others?

Additionally, my son is OBSESSED with Star Wars...I know the Star Wars stuff is in Hollywood Studios. What are some "must dos" for him?

We are planning a 4 day trip (2 days Magic Kingdom, 1 day Hollywood Studios, 1 day Animal Kingdom) to Disney and a day at Sea World. Is this a good plan of attack for the parks?

Any help to jump start my planning would be great!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,540 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! November 2014 trip!

If you are going to stay in a Value Resort, my recommendation would be Pop Century. It is usually $10 or so more a night, but the location is better and it has dedicated buses. The All Star Resorts sometimes share buses among the three resorts - and they are located further out towards the Animal Kingdom vs Pop Century which is closer to EPCOT/Disney Hollywood Studios.

For Star Wars - there is the ride Star Tours - assuming he meets the height requirement of 40" - there is also the Jedi Training Academy:

https:/…

You say it is going to be a 4 day trip, but you have 5 days of activities planned - or is it just 4 days at Disney?

I think its a good plan of attack, but I wonder why you have left EPCOT out. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I do think its worth a visit.

Virginia
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! November 2014 trip!

4 days at Disney...5 total days. I left out Epcot because I wasnt sure it would hold the kids interest. Is there something there that I need to see?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! November 2014 trip!

Be sure to arrive at Hollywood Studios early and get your son signed up for the Jedi Training Academy because they only take twelve Guests between the ages of 4 and 12 years of age for each show.

I think allowing 2 days for Magic Kingdom is a great idea, so much to see and do with little ones.

EPCOT can be hit or miss for a 6 year old, depending on what interests him.

uk
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! November 2014 trip!

I think you've made the right call going for two mk days over Epcot for a six year old. Kids will find 'something' they enjoy at any park but if time is tight there's s lot more for him at mk and you wouldn't have the rush of trying to do it in a day and ending up having to say no to things. Far more enjoyable with two early mornings to beat the queues and then time later on for him to wander on a whim (with the rest of you of course) and for you all to have sit downs to feed baby

pa
Level Contributor
53,897 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! November 2014 trip!

If budget is a concern at all, it would be more cost effective to add a 5th day at Disney ( a 5 day ticket is only $15 more then a 4 day, a ticket to Seaworld would be about $100 each, $85 if you get the current offer to buy in advance ) There is plenty to enjoy at Epcot for all ages and some of the yummiest restaurants :)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,431 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! November 2014 trip!

I agree on Pop Century over All-Stars; it's about $5 more per nght but well worth it for convenience and location.

Virginia
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! November 2014 trip!

Thanks for all the replies! This is a great start. You can't use fastpass on the Jedi Academy right?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,431 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! November 2014 trip!

No, you have to get to the park at rope drop and run to the sign-up area for the Jedi training at DHS. It's first-come/first-serve and it fills up very fast so don't hesitate.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! November 2014 trip!

We have had 4 days on 2 of our trips and did 2 days at MK. We have done AK and Epcot in the same day, being at Epcot for the evening Illuminations show.. It worked out great for us. In Epcot, our 6 year olds loved Soarin, Nemo, turtle Crush among other things, but we didn't need a whole day

10. Re: Help! November 2014 trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 05:16