We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

healthy breakfast..is it possible?!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
healthy breakfast..is it possible?!

Hi..everytime I visit the states I eat a cooked breakfast everyday..this year, in a bid to not put on weight, I vow to eat healthier!! Where can you eat good healthy brekkie on I-drive?!

Level Contributor
120 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: healthy breakfast..is it possible?!

First watch is a good place to go

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: healthy breakfast..is it possible?!

Hi!

This is something i also struggled with, after loosing 4 stone and watching what i eat very closely, i was worried. If you are very serious about watching the food like i was, i purchased some natural yogurt and fruits to eat in the room for breakfast. I also bought some bars from home such as nakd bars :). I did go to Dennys one day, they have a 'low and fit' menu, which you can see on the website. Anywhere you go you can ask for egg white omelette with veggies and fruit. Ask for minimal oil and salt.

But remember to still treat yourself a few times to what you enjoy, you are on holiday after all! :) Another tip i have for watching you weight is to bring all your own snacks from home - as i said before i buy bars, little packs of raisins and buy fruit when your there to take to the parks with you.

Hope this helps and enjoy your holiday :) xxx

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,531 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: healthy breakfast..is it possible?!

First Watch is on Sand Lake. Out of the normal, sit-down places, that would be my first choice.

I'm with the others on making a Publix run and picking up the things that work with your diet.

The exercise you get at the theme parks will work some of it off if you decide to go a little crazy.

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: healthy breakfast..is it possible?!

I have had a cup of fruit the odd time when limited veggie choices if you ask most places they will do it for you.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: healthy breakfast..is it possible?!

We eat at the hotel and yes you can have a massive cooked breakfast with all sorts of extras or there is cereal and fruit as well.

We mix and match depending on what we are doing for the day.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
260 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: healthy breakfast..is it possible?!

What's crazy is I can think of a ton of places with healthier breakfasts, but not much in I-drive. One thing to keep in mind is that you can change orders to lower the calories, and use portion control, e.g. At McDonalds you can get an Egg White McMuffin, a yogurt and orange juice. Not healthiest food in the world but better and convenient. Most places like Denny's will offer egg whites, fruit, and other options to lower your calories. First watch is very good, just watch portion size on some menu items. Panera Break on Sandlake is very good. Just avoid Waffle House, I don't think they have anything healthy on their menu (although very tasty)

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: healthy breakfast..is it possible?!

First watch, albeit not on i-drive, is an excellent choice, as long as flavour doesn't feature in the equation. Dennys do a fit-fare, or similar. In fact, most places offer up some kind of low calorie option. I found picking up fruit platters from publix the best solution, mixing in some low fat natural yoghurt, and a hand full of granola- Lovely! However, that's not always possible when you're dining out with family that crave 1000 calorie breakfasts lol!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,913 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: healthy breakfast..is it possible?!

then don't order a cooked breakfast every day!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,980 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: healthy breakfast..is it possible?!

I virtually never eat out for breakfast on holiday.

Maybe once a week max would I do the eggs and bacon thing. I'd get stuff in your hotel (or better yet get a condo next time) and I'd go out to Denny's and choose from the light menu. Though I am know to splurge on a Cinnamon roll now and again lol.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: healthy breakfast..is it possible?!

I can't stand American breakfast it's the only thing I don't like there. Most days we will grab a subway turkey salad or cheese salad in wheat.have half in morning and half during the afternoon. Not the healthiest but it's much better than the other options . Though we do sometimes skip breakfast and just get a snack then a big meal in the night . I hate walking round the parks all sluggish

Edited: 28 August 2014, 14:45