We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to book

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to book

I have started planning a 14-day holiday for 10 people from the UK to Walt Disney World in Easter 2016. When would be the best time to book flights (preferably direct and when a sale is on) and also when is the best time to book accommodation and tickets (when free dining is on offer)? Thank you.

Cardi 1

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,475 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to book

Are you mad Cardi managing a holiday for 10 people!!!

My advice is delegate lol

Wales
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to book

Thanks for your advice Susie. However, I enjoy a challenge. I am an Orlando 'veteran' but I cannot recall when the best flight and Disney offers become available.

Cardi 1

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to book

You are going to have three key points:

Now: the agents who are booking packages etc in advance. they will have some early fare options I am sure. You may even find some flydrive on Virgin holidays right now up to March 2016. Thomsons/Thomas cook will be here soon if not there already.

Christmas/New Year sales - likely not too helpful as one will be too early and one too late for 10

End of summer - BA have one on now as do Virgin. Likely to be your best bet of any sort of sale.

Or you wait til the 11 month out point when all carriers will be on the market.

Same rule of thumb though find a price, if you like it book it then stop looking.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to book

Thank you Derek L.

Does anyone know when the Disney offers are advertised? I have a feeling it is around April.

Cardi 1

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to book

Hi.

We booked our florida holiday for next august in the beginning of this July. We were told by Thomas Cook travel agents that when the package holidays come out they are the cheapest and get more expensive as people buy (it the cost of the flights that go up). Also brought our park tickets through Thomas Cook who matched a price I found online at orlando ticket deals. They lost money by price matching on our tickets but were happy to do so and we get a free food card thrown in. Have also already been given vouchers for planet Hollywood and a few different days out.

I know on virgins website they are already doing bookings for 2016. Not sure about Disney packages though. Enjoy planning

Liane

Wales
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time to book

Thank you very much Liane C. That is very helpful.

Cardi 1.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best time to book

Cardi. Not sure there is a set time for disney offers. For 2015 it was quite early in the uk.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
435 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best time to book

Hi, if you are booking flights separately I read on a flight website (may have been Skyscanner) that you should book USA flights 21 weeks before departure. I panicked and booked a good price in the Virgin sale, but if I had waited I could have saved £250 on 4 flights in the 21 week window. It does work but I don't know if this is for all times of the year as we are going in December which is always quieter anyway. Good luck with 10!

9. Re: Best time to book

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 05:16