We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Orlando Vacation Day 10

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,166 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Our Orlando Vacation Day 10

It was sad to say this was our last day got up at730AM so I had fruit for breakfast and we did our final packing as our flight was at 1215PM and you know how busy MCO is.So we gassed up and left for the airport is was 910AM it took us 45 minutes to get to the airport so we are returning our Avis rental and instead of going on the A side where JetBlue was went to the B side where all the international flights were oh boy.So we get out the car and my wife calls me and say honey guess what I found your portable DVD player I said where was it? she said under her front seat.So it all came back to me when we arrived on Day 1 we went to Downtown Disney so we had our luggage in the car and I put the DVD under the seat so no one could look in the car boy I was just incensed at myself. Now I was happy but we were on the B side of the terminal so a skycap came over and I said ok I am to tired to roll the luggage to terminal A so he took our 2 bags and backpack with the now found DVD player it was about a 10 minute stroll over so i gave him a $10 tip and we proceeded to wait in the JetBlue line which was long so i told my wife go see what the curbside line looks like.

She checked and there was only 4 people in line so we went and had our bags checked which is a $2 fee per bag that's why the line was long inside people just don't want to pay and check their bags I always do it quicker so we went thru security which surprisingly did not take long then we decided to get a quick bite as we still has a good one hour wait so we got some pizza which was terrible in my opinion wont ever go there again.So the plane boarded at 1145AM another full flight we got the Even More Space seats which gives you priority boarding the flight is about 2 hours and 48 minutes but the pilot announced that the flight will take 2 hours and 7 minutes he must of anticipated a nice tail wind for the flight into Providence.So since I already had the new DVD all charged up I might as well use it and I did.The flight was great my DW slept most of the way poor baby she was tired and head a headache.

So we landed waited for our luggage and then waited for the shuttle van to the parking lot it was a group of us the driver did not help anybody with their luggage that lazy bum,I told my wife if he tried to help me getting off I would say I can do it myself its easier going down than up anyway totally different from the guy when we left he was very helpful with our bags so I tipped him,plus the van smelled like gas I could not wait to get out maybe that's why he was so miserable he did have a bunch of tip money on the dash maybe he reached his quota ya think.So we get to our car pay the ticket and we head home about a 1 hour drive we get home tired unpacked and I said to my DW I am going to get some REAL CHINESE FOOD she started laughing and off I went picked and up and we enjoyed it.I did not work the next day as I took a extra vacation day off,DW worked later the next day and back to reality.

Eileen*Thanks for those kind words and I hope you have a blast on your Orlando trip and looking forward to your TR.

Princess*Now you know what happened to the DVD a mystery no longer.

Eileen* It never crossed my mind lol.

Fch12*Yeah I said even though I was a little sad about the coasters and such I would treat them as a thanks for coming gesture and I do love my in-laws dearly,and thanks for reading.

Weirhammer*Yes love Cracker Barrel very good breakfast and everyone got home safe thank you .

Kookaburrkid*Did have a great time and as for the new DVD it was returned to Best Buy.

Final Thoughts

I really had a great vacation with my DW and the Crew I wish I had more time to stay .As you read my reports we did not do Water Parks I am not a big fan and the crew said we could skip it which was fine with me,did not do SeaWorld I have done it before plus did the one in San Diego.The reason we did Universal/IOA because the I am the only one that has been there twice,I really wanted to do Hollywood Studios I have been there twice also but my favorite ride is you guessed it Tower Of Terror and I know none of then would have got on maybe the BiL that's it.But I tell you if i bought tickets to Disney I would not waste my time just walking around you could have saved that money and used it elsewhere, I know F is afraid of heights but to me a lot of money was wasted,when my DN2 got home to Dallas and told her mom my DW sister about the trip she felt sorry for me and said she would have road everything with me because she is daring like me,and my nephew would have done the same but who knows done the road on my next trip to Orlando I will have a new coaster Crew j/k.I really loved the house we stayed in that made my vacation sweeter for me yes indeed and I will rent the same house again without hesitation. I would like too thanks you for reading and loved your comments until next time all you going have a Magical Disney and Orlando vacation.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,166 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 10

The Crew wants to go back next year hmmm.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
329 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 10

I hope its a crew that likes rides lol.....thanks again we leave in 20 days only doing Disney parks but want to report on how the magic bands worked and the Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. Thanks again for your great TR's. And btw leave the F home next time....lol

St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 10

Really enjoyed your reports and at least you found your DVD player Now you can save up for next year I will think of you when we go on the coasters in November I wonder which crew will go with you next time?!!!! thanks for sharing

Edited: 31 August 2014, 07:16
Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 10

Really enjoyed your trip reports and glad you found the DVD player. A new crew sounds like a good idea!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 10

Great TR's :0)

I always feel sad on my last day too.

Glad your flight home had a good tail wind so shorter flight than normal.

Ahh so that's where the DVD player was lol good that you could return the new one!

London
Level Contributor
968 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 10

Thank you for writing your TR's - I really enjoyed them.

I hope you get to BG and do the big coasters on your next visit.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,876 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 10

Ok, mystery solved on the DVD player...lol

It's okay if they want to go back, just set some ground rules before you go, have a family meeting.

Thanks for all the reports, very entertaining :)

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,166 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 10

Yes DVD mystery solved indeed Princess and yes I am going to make sure I have a coaster crew maybe my brother and his family and yes they do everything and yes there will be a Busch Gardens trip.Once again thanks for reading and enjoyed your comments and Eileen have a great time and next time I will go off peak I think this is my final summer trip to Orlando 3 times to many.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 10

I really enjoyed your trip reports! I am dreaming of breakfast at Crackerbarrel on the first morning of our holidays, it has been too long since we were last there. Only 16 more weeks ......

St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Our Orlando Vacation Day 10

We too go on our first morning Chrissyler 8 weeks for us