We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To HS or not to HS, that is the question...

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
290 posts
Save Topic
To HS or not to HS, that is the question...

Hi everyone!! I would love to get some opinions on my latest dilemma...

Going to WDW first week of Dec 2015 for 5 days with DH and DD, both of whom have never been. DD will be almost 3 at the time. DD LOVES rides so we are planning 2 full days at MK (with mid-day nap breaks), one full day at Epcot and one short day at AK. I am torn on what to do with our last day. We coul go back to MK a third time to go one more rides, which I'm sure DD would love, or we could give HS a try. We are all very high energy travelers, so shows aren't real your thing, and we're making this trip about DD so not interested in rider swap. But I know the Osbourne lights are going on at this time which sound really amazing and I love all things Christmas... So I'm really torn! We're not doing the park hopper either, I really can't justify an extra $120 just to see the Christmas lights. Anyway, if anyone has opinions I appreciate it!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,615 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To HS or not to HS, that is the question...

Hi, I would do HS but not if its going to cost you $120. The best rides there are Tower of terror and rockin roller coaster but they will be too big for you DD anyway. I don't know about a 3rd day at MK though, and I'd do a full day at AK its a lovely park with lots to do.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
9,816 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To HS or not to HS, that is the question...

What's the cost to upgrade to the hopper?

Whenever we've been there at Christmas, the Osbourne Lights are a must:-)

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
290 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: To HS or not to HS, that is the question...

Hi, the park hopper is $60 per person. So my choice is basically between a 3rd day at MK vs a day at HS. If we had the hopper we could do MK in the mornin and HS in the afternoon, but I can't really justify the hopper for that. Granted after 4 days with a toddler who knows if we could even handle another morning at MK, lol.

UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To HS or not to HS, that is the question...

Lots to do at DHS, not only big rides, there's Toy Story and Disney Junior stuff plus shows and who knows they might even extend the Frozen stuff til then? I wouldn't rule it out.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,054 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To HS or not to HS, that is the question...

I think two days at MK is enough, but you don't have to decide now. You'll know when you're there, so just see how everyone feels. You can add the hopper when you're there if you decide to (you don't have to add it now or decide now).

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: To HS or not to HS, that is the question...

Animal Kingdom is a full day park IMHO. Plenty to do at HS for everyone.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
290 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: To HS or not to HS, that is the question...

Thanks for the input everyone! We're going to try to make it as long as possible at AK. Problem is DD naps from about 3-5 so with the early closing time we prob won't make it back.

pa
Level Contributor
53,725 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: To HS or not to HS, that is the question...

Your trip is over a year away, nap times my be a thing of the past plus in our experience, kids are suddenly full of energy once you are there, they will go from morning til quite late, it's all the Magic I suppose :)

No hopper needed. 2 days at MK, 1 full day at the other 3 Parks, perfect

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/themeparks.htm

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
290 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: To HS or not to HS, that is the question...

Lol, we are going 2014, can't believe I typed 2015 in my original post. At any rate I think we will def do HS, I realize now that parade taping will likely take place on Dec 5 at MK which we will want to avoid.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
442 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: To HS or not to HS, that is the question...

I have a new found respect for HS. I cant wait for our next trip so that we can go back. Love the parades and all the little shows that the citizens of hollywood put on.