We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody use NU car rental in Orlando.

Ogunquit, Maine
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Anybody use NU car rental in Orlando.

Anybody use NU car rental in Orlando? They are half the price the price than the other companies.Is the service good?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
470 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from US$168.99*
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,657 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody use NU car rental in Orlando.

Anyone have experience with this company?

Haines, Alaska...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody use NU car rental in Orlando.

I'm wondering the same thing...

Edison, NJ
Level Contributor
38 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody use NU car rental in Orlando.

Yes, unfortunately we used their service during our recent trip to Orlando. They are also doing business as Action Car Rental. That's the sign on their office building and paperwork.

We booked a car with them through Expedia. I deeply regret the choice. The company is apparently run by thugs where once they bring you to their off-airport office via their shuttle, the drama starts. They didn't have a car available for us and asked us to pay more for next category or wait and hope that someone returns the car in decent time. While we were there, every single customer had a similar situation. Oh, and I saw the same situation with other poor customers when I went to return the car 5 days later. They aren't even apologetic for this situation and their attitude tells me that they set this up knowing you have no option once you land into their office.

Avoid Nu car rental and Action car rental at all cost and do your family a favor!

Frankfort, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody use NU car rental in Orlando.

Yes it is less expensive than most other car rental companies but they seemed a slight bit unorganized at the office. We were quoted a rental Nissan Sentra but when we arrived they didn't have that particular vehicle and tried to give us another make/model we did not want so they gave us a Mazda someone had just returned. The inside of the car was not clean and even more concerning was the fact that the tires pressure was not checked so they were very low on air Just saying kind of poor customer service!

Oswego, Illinois
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anybody use NU car rental in Orlando.

Thank you for your post. I was just about to book a mini van with them and have decided against it based on your post. :)

Frankfort, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anybody use NU car rental in Orlando.

You are welcome!

Frankfort, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anybody use NU car rental in Orlando.

You are welcome!

Edited: 13 January 2015, 22:46
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anybody use NU car rental in Orlando.

I have zero experience, nor have I even heard of NU car rental but I can tell you this, I refuse to rent from any but the major car rental companies. Even Advantage car rental which is pretty well known gets lots of negative reviews. My vacation time is far too precious to risk having a bad car rental experience to save a few dollars. That said, if you DO decide to rent from them, please do come back here and let us know how your experience with them.

Kalamazoo, MI
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anybody use NU car rental in Orlando.

Thank you everyone for the reviews on them. We were also going to book a mini van with them since we have 7 of us but will go with another rental car company. I can't imagine getting there with all 7 of us and not have a car available for us and our luggage to fit it. Thanks again!

Montreal
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anybody use NU car rental in Orlando.

Just rented from Feb 3 to 11 at airport. Excellent service, no problem whatsoever, even had to change the name on reservation so buddy arriving early, could pick-up minivan for me. Van almost new, clean and price booked early what nowhere near competition, big savings! We were concerned, having read reviews, however customers experiencing good service may not bother commenting on their experience. I certainly had a wonderful experience using this rental service, part of Action Car Rental.