We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IDrive or LBV

white rock bc
Level Contributor
531 posts
1 review
Save Topic
IDrive or LBV

I just read through this forum. I am gettting a bit confused. We want to be close to the Disneyworld attractions and be able to walk to shops and restaurants outside DW. We don't want to have to rent a car. We want to visit Seaworld for 1 day. We will take a taxi for that. Is it possible to walk to shops and restaurants ouside of DW in LBV area?

london
Level Contributor
711 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IDrive or LBV

hi bellini,

from what i have seen on lbv i think that you will need a car to get out and about

if you are not going to hire a car than i would say stay on i-drive

it is the only area on orlando that it is possibel to do without a car and with the buses and i-hop bus eay to get about

nearly all the hotels provide transport to the parks and disney on request

the i-drive is divided in 2 parts from sand lake upto seaworld it is nice and peaceful

from sand lake down to wet and wild beyond it is in the hustle and bustle of things

if you do decide to stay on id-drive than decide where you want peaceful or hustle and bustle and than look at the hotels in those areas

pam

Belfast
Level Contributor
851 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: IDrive or LBV

LBV would be my favourite as it has a lovely quiet atmosphere and is nearer Disney than idrive

However because of the lack of public transport compared to idrive you really do need a car.

new york
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IDrive or LBV

Well that all depends on what your looking to get to. If you stay in LBV, you are generally within walking distance of Downtown Disney. You are within walking distance of many rest. with all diffirent price ranges. You also are within walking distance of a grocery store, albeit an expensive one (Goodings). But if your looking for shopping malls, no they are not in LBV. And I don"t think they ever will be.

white rock bc
Level Contributor
531 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: IDrive or LBV

Thank you for your advice. Is IDrive ( the part that's supposed to be the hustle and bustel) really loud? Is it so busy that theres traffic all the time? I like to be able to walk around and do things but don't want it to feel like I'm in the middle of a city. Is it possible to stay in LBV and still be able to get to the outlet malls fairly easy?

Again thank you

london
Level Contributor
711 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IDrive or LBV

hi bellini,

if you want quite than why not stay at the top end of i-drive near the convention centre, you can go to lovely restruants etc and also have a stroll

on the bottom end of the i-drive it is busy, more so in lthe eveings, because even the locals use this end of the drive to turn into sand lake road

the traffic is a lot less on the top end of the drive

you can use the i-hop bus for a $1 every time you use it and kids under 12 go free or buy the weekly one for $7 a week

you can use the i-hop bus to both ends of i-drive, from premium outlets just past seaworld to the beltz just past wet and wild

you can go to wet and wild,seaworld, universal, even disney change at seaworld all on the i-hop

if you want peace and quite than base your self near the convention centre, lovely places to suit all budgets

pam

UK
Level Contributor
634 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IDrive or LBV

Peace & quiet it has to be LBV - at a push you can walk to DTD & there are places to eat all close at hand.

However I-Drive will have more places to visit on foot, but tends to be pretty noisy & congested.

Out of the 2, I prefer LBV - however I always take a hire car.

UK
Level Contributor
632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: IDrive or LBV

There IS a premium shopping outlet in LBV. Vineland Road - we always stay in LBV and head here - Ralph Lauren, Timberland, Versace etc etc. LBV, in my opinion, is a much nicer area than I-Drive. You would need a short taxi ride to get to the premium outlet. Downtown Disney is a lovely area for an evening wander and you do have a choice of restaurants in the area.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
435 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: IDrive or LBV

We do not have a car when we go to Orlando and have always stayed on I Drive. We have stayed at both ends and they are absolutely fine. The end by wet and wild has more things closer together so you don't have to walk so far for shops, restaurants, supermarkets etc, it is a bit more spread out up the other end. We prefer the wet and wild end and it's not that noisy.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
64 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: IDrive or LBV

I have stayed at LBV without a car and haven't needed one. Stay at one of the hotels on Hotel Plaza Boulevard ( Best Western, Royal Plaza, Doubletree, Hilton, Grosvener,, Holiday Inn and DD is walkable in one direction, and the bars and restaurants of Crossroads in the other. Plus you gert the use of the DD transport which will get you to the parks and back.

LBV is a lovely area, I find I-drive too tacky and too busy.

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: IDrive or LBV

Pam have you been on the duty free's

You are getting you top end mixed up with you bottom end.

And you seem to be riding on you plate of I Hop pancakes, and eating the I Drive trolley.