We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Toronto to Disney World

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Toronto to Disney World

I have a trip booked for Disney Jan 30, 2015-Feb 6, 2015 and we plan on driving. My husband is the only driver of this trip.

I've been doing my research and it seems that I-75 is the best route for weather and stops.

We will have a total of 6 of us in a mini-van including children aged 16, 8, 6 and 2.

There is no way we can drive straight through and we plan on stopping 1, maybe 2 nights.

My question is, can anyone please recommend hotel/motel's that can accommodate all of us in one room along I-75?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Toronto to Disney World

I would suggest finding a hotel such as Country Inn and Suites or Homewood Suites. We have a large family with similar ages and road trip often. These are our favorite hotels, free morning breakfast and space for everyone together. Homewood Suites is the best for the most space and bang for your buck. I would also suggest stopping for two nights. It takes us two long days to drive to Orlando from southern Wisconsin, so it's probably at least a 2.5 day trip for you.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,682 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Toronto to Disney World

You might want to also try the Road Trips forum for help on the route, stops, etc.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
229 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Toronto to Disney World

Driving through Ohio/KY/TN that time of year can be treacherous that time of year as they don't have the equipment to keep the interstates clean of snow and ice like our Canadian friends. If I were you I'd drive to Niagra Falls and take Allegiant to Orlando. It's non-stop and only a 2.5 hour flight. Keep checking the prices. You may be able to fly everyone down for under $1,000 which is comparable to what you'd pay in gas and hotels plus you could spend more time in the sun. :-)

4. Re: Driving from Toronto to Disney World

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 06:15