We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hollywood studios again ! 31/08

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
3,096 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hollywood studios again ! 31/08

After too much Sun the other day on our pool day (it was mega hot) we had a day with no plans made.Following a one off complimentary breakfast at hotel it was decided that we would go back to typhoons lagoon just so my son could get photos of his first time of being able to go on the gush n crusher as when we was there the first week the photographer kept missing him and other half which was unbelievable the amount of times they went on it that day.

So we drove to typhoons lagoon parking was horrendous as weekend to be expected, and why we go weekdays.It was that busy we ended up on grass at back of park near trees.Anyhow me and daughters waited in car while they went back for photos on gush n crusher.A good while later they returned and we set off for Hollywood studios we got there about 1am so as last minute decision fast passes were limited that day.We managed to get them for Lights,movie,action the great movie ride and star tours that evening.

We waited 10 mins for Tower of terror then 30 mins for rock n rollercoaster, and a walk on star tours.We didn't bother with toy story today as no fast passes left and wait was always 60 mins plus.

We had food at foodies and had a look round shops before doing more rides then watched fantastic at 8.30 (we didn't actually get in until gone 8pm as was on rides but managed to get good seating still, we had previously always gone in much earlier but looks like that isn't always necessary.

Watched the frozen fireworks and to be honest was not what I was expecting so was glad we had still watched the earlier fantastic and not hung around for ages waiting for the fireworks.

Queued for tram at end of night to parking lot (remembered row) and drove home to hotel.

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,096 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hollywood studios again ! 31/08

Stupid kindle I didn't type foodies typed rosie' s !

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hollywood studios again ! 31/08

On fantasmic it is probably more that the amount of folks is lot less now in HS as crowds reduce. Still a great show IMO.

Hope the photos are good

London, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hollywood studios again ! 31/08

Hi Bunny74- thanks for the report- I'm off to Orlando on Wednesday- what's the weather like? It'll be our first time to Orlando and never been in that type of weather- well i've been to the Caribbean, is it like that a sticky type heat?

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,096 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hollywood studios again ! 31/08

Yes that's how I'd describe it sticky and humid.EXpect frizzy hair unless tied up. Not really that much rain at the moment so people are wanting rain for there gardens.Had little bit of rain yesterday afternoon and a good downpour on Friday evening but that has been it really this fortnight we have been here.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hollywood studios again ! 31/08

Good that you managed to do ToT & Aerosmith with short waits & Fantasmic without FP - Well done, good to know parks are still do-able without FP :0)

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,871 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hollywood studios again ! 31/08

Very good day at HS and 10 minute wait for Tower Of Terror wow.

7. Re: Hollywood studios again ! 31/08

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 06:16