We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report day 9

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
trip report day 9

Today was a chance to see more of the parks so we were going to St Augustine and Daytona speedway. Drove to St Augustine but disaster struck, the heavens were open when we arrived there, litterally!! We hadn't bought any macs as just had 100 degrees sunshine in Orlando all week so didn't expect the change. First thing we decided to go was get food, found this little greek restaurant and had BLT and fries. Went to an arcade to shelter from rain and decided had to buy ponchos which we did but they were no good, the rain was so bad the wind was blowing our hoods down, there was about a couple of inches of puddles everywhere, our socks and trainers were squelching, we tried to walk around but it was fruitless so didn't actually do anything as decided to abandon this and run for the car! I had wanted to go to the lighthouse and oldest house museum but couldn't. Drove to Daytona and lo and behold the sun was scorching again!! Was about 3.15 and managed to get on the bus tour of the track for 3.30. Really enjoyed it although not speedway fans, was just something different to do. Drove back to I-drive and went to Millers for dinner. Had the special for 11 dollars - a full rack of baby back ribs with fries and coleslaw. Was absolutely delicious and I was a pig and ate the lot!!! Disappointedly couldn't manage pudding for some reason lol!! Will do rest of my tr's tomorrow now!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,472 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report day 9

Isn't it great having a car - you can just ditch one idea and go with another

Shame about St Augustine - when we went it was freezing which cut our visit short too

No visits to the first aid room today then lol

Enjoying your TRs - thanks

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
12,641 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report day 9

What a pity you had such awful weather in St Augustine. We have stayed there a few times (always in October) and had great weather every visit.

St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report day 9

Shame about the weather nut much better for you at Daytona

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,032 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip report day 9

Yeah it happens no more summer trips to Orlando for me.

5. Re: trip report day 9

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2015, 06:16