We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Orleans/Riverside

Ohio
Level Contributor
527 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Port Orleans/Riverside

Can anyone tell me about either one of these disney hotels pros/cons. Trying to find the most convenient/least expensive way to stay at disney for a few days. Wanted Polynesian but it is quite expensive. Just 2 adults mid December.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Orleans/Riverside

In addition to the Disney bus system both Riverside and the French Quarter have boat access to Downtown Disney. It's a lovely 20 minute ride on the "river".

The entire French Quarter was closed a couple of years ago for a complete renovation so the rooms will be newer. Riverside is larger than the French Quarter and has a sit down restaurant and a "honky tonk" bar that gets quite lively with sing-alongs in the evening. It also offers horse and buggy rides and boat rentals. It's styled more along the lines of the traditional south with mostly mansion style buildings along the river. The French Quarter also has a bar and is made to replicate New Orleans. It's just a 5-10 minute walk along the river from Riverside so people at either resort can make use of everything both have to offer.

Both are very nice. In my opinion it's just a style preference and about where you'd like to imagine yourself being.

Lowell, NC
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Orleans/Riverside

Previous poster summed it all up.

I have stayed at both resorts and I prefer French Quarter more. If you are like me you will ponder of this for the longest time and probably right up to the minute wondering if you choose the right one. Either way I think you will be happy.

Only other thing...Have you ever stayed at Poly or one of the Deluxe resorts? If so it is so hard to stay anywhere else.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,389 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Orleans/Riverside

I just posted my detailed report on Riverside this week (stayed there last week) if you're interested in reading it.

Look for "Trip Report, Part 1--Port Orleans Riverside" as a title.

While I'm sure there's absolutely nothing wrong with French Quarter and they certainly had the better pool, I liked Riverside with its gardens, winding walking paths, and overall feel.

Reply back if you have specific questions.

4. Re: Port Orleans/Riverside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 05:22