We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
510 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party

Can anyone tell me about the after hour activties that go on at the parks? About the only one I have heard of is the Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party. Is this worth the money? If you buy a ticket to this do you also need a regular ticket to get into the park that day. Just 2 adults going so no children if that helps with suggestions, just going the second week of Dec, I want to see Disney at Christmas time. Please help with suggestions.

Thx

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party

The very merry Christmas party is an additional fee. I believe the park closes at 5 or 6pm, then those with tickets to the Christmas Party are allowed in.

I was very diappointed 2 years ago when I decidd to visit Disney for the 1st time during December. I had heard about the Party, but was unable to obtain tickets. They sell out way in advance. The last show is two Fridays before Christmas, and we had arrived the last Friday of the party. It would have been nice to participate in this event. Otherwise, the Park offers the Christmas Parade in the afternoon with the regular tickets. But it isn't the same show. If the tickets are still available, I suggest you go for it.

I cn't recall the cost, but if you go to the Disney website, you will find the information you need.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party

I just checked the website. Disney appears to have extended the dates for the special event...to Dec 22. The tickets are $46.00 if you purchase at the gate. You can also purchase tickets online for $40.00, but these are for selected dates..up until Dec 14. Have fun if you decide to attend: - )

London E4 UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party

You need to buy your tickets now- they all sell out. Phone and get them if you want to go. The park closes early the xmas party nights- all day visitors are herded out. The evening ticket holders are let into the right hand side of the park- Tomorrowland- and kept there for about 45 mins- then let out into the rest of the park. The rides are all open in the dark. As there are a limited no of tickets it is fairly quiet. There is a special free family pic that got posted to us about a month later. There are lots of christmas musical shows going on, and the parade and fireworks and fake snow. It was really nice, but our 4 y old fell asleep at 9.30 being pushed around. And splash mountain was cold and wet!! but very much fun and a really special experience. Universal had a special Macey Parade xmas theme, and the Grinch show- which was very special. Christmas is a really good time to go- the decorations there are beautiful. Joanne

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party

Epcot has the Candlelight processional, which is included in the cost of your ticket.

MGM has the Osbourne Family Lights - also included.

Animal Kingdom changes its daily parade from "Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade to "Jingle' parade.

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party

Press releases:

Epcot Presents Holidays Around the World -- With one extra event date this year, Epcot World Showcase transforms into a splendor of international holiday traditions and storytelling beginning Nov. 24. Holiday icons who delight children around the globe -- such as France's Père Noël and Italy's La Befana -- make special appearances in their respective countries, while Santa Claus himself pays visits to the American Adventure showcase. Guests see holiday traditions and legends as they are observed around the world, with Hanukah and Kwanzaa customs on display as well.

At 6 p.m. nightly, Mickey Mouse and his friends host a giant tree-lighting ceremony, complete with music and storytelling, in World Showcase Plaza. A dazzling synchronized light show -- "The Lights of Winter" -- illuminates a canopy adorning the World Showcase breezeway bridge. The Epcot evening spectacular of lights, lasers and fireworks, "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth," completes the celebration with a magical holiday finale. As an added bonus, guests with a long holiday shopping list will discover one-of-a-kind gifts with international flair throughout World Showcase. The special holiday fun takes place daily, Nov. 24-Dec. 30, and is included with regular Epcot admission.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sparkling Candlelight Processional at Epcot -- A highlight of Holidays Around the World, the traditional Candlelight Processional at Epcot treats guests to a grand musical performance featuring a mass choir and a full orchestra accompanied by a celebrity narrator who retells the beloved story of Christmas. Celebrity narrators scheduled to appear include (subject to change):

Nov. 24-26 - NEW! David Robinson (former NBA player, San Antonio Spurs)

Nov. 27-29 - John O’Hurley (TV’s “Seinfeld” and "Dancing With The Stars")

Nov. 30-Dec. 2 - Rita Moreno (“West Side Story”)

Dec. 3-5 - Chita Rivera (Broadway’s “West Side Story”)

Dec. 6-8 - Brian Dennehy (“Tommy Boy,” TV’s “The 4400”)

Dec. 9-11 - Stephen Curtis Chapman (Christian music’s most-decorated artist)

Dec. 12-14 - NEW! Maureen McGovern (Broadway singer and recording artist)

Dec. 15-17 - NEW! Kirk Cameron (TV’s “Growing Pains”)

Dec. 18-20 - Neil Patrick Harris (TV's "How I Met Your Mother")

Dec. 21-23 - NEW! Cuba Gooding Jr. (“Jerry Maguire” and “A Few Good Men”)

Dec. 24-26 - Gary Sinise (“Forrest Gump” and TV’s “CSI: NY”)

Dec. 27-30 - Marlee Matlin (TV’s “The West Wing”)

Presentations of Candlelight Processional are daily, Nov. 24-Dec. 30, at 5, 6:45 and 8:15 p.m., and are included with regular Epcot admission. Candlelight Processional lunch and dinner packages, available for an additional charge, include preferred seating for a performance of Candlelight Processional as well as dinner at a select Epcot restaurant. To make reservations for these packages, guests can call 407/WDW-DINE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spectacle of Lights Transforms Disney-MGM Studios -- The Streets of America backlot area sparkles with millions of twinkling lights beginning Nov. 13 and continuing through Jan. 7, 2007, during the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights, presented by Sylvania. This year, the spectacle has been enhanced to include choreographed “dancing” lights which swirl and soar to an exhilarating medley of holiday music every 15 minutes, thanks to electronic wizardry featuring more than 400 dimmers. Every building façade, all the trees, wreaths, bells and holiday figures dance to classic tunes among “Florida snow” flurries. Also bringing the Disney-MGM Studios backlot to life are three-dimensional and motion-based displays – some originally created at the Osborne home in Arkansas by businessman Jennings Osborne as a holiday display for the delight of his daughter.

After the home exhibit grew larger and brighter over the years, the million-light display was transported to Disney-MGM Studios in 1995, where the spectacle continues to grow larger and brighter each year. Some of Osborne's original creations still sparkling brightly at the park today are a giant Mickey Mouse light, dozens of flying angels and Santa Claus light designs.

The "Hollywood Holly-Day Parade," a festival of favorite Disney characters dressed in their dazzling holiday best, jingles down Hollywood Boulevard this holiday season as well.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Decked for the Holidays -- Jolly jingle will fill the jungle as Disney's Animal Kingdom is spiritedly transformed for the holiday season from Nov. 13 through Jan. 7, 2007.

A luminous 65-foot tree sparkling at the park's entrance sets the stage as the holiday season goes on safari with "Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade" daily. At Camp Minnie-Mickey, guests can meet Disney characters dressed in their holiday best while carolers fill the air with renditions of favorite seasonal classics at Santa Goofy's Holiday Village. The ornamentally decorated village features Christmas and character trees, live entertainers and holiday photo opportunities. DinoLand U.S.A. also takes on a festive flair and Donald Duck decks the halls of Donald's Breakfastosaurus, the daily character breakfast experience presented at Restaurantosaurus. For more information or reservations, guests may call 407/WDW-DINE.

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party

This was part of another post and is good information for you...

There an event that happens at the Magic Kingdom in November & December called "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party". For those who are not, this is a special holiday event that requires a separate ticket ($48.94, including tax, per person). It takes place from 7PM - 12AM on select evenings thoughout the season and includes cookies & cocoa, character greetings, a special parade, fireworks, and special holiday stage shows, and the usual Magic Kingdom rides.

Magic Kingdom will have all the Christmas decorations, the Disney Dreams Come True parade, and the Wishes fireworks during regular hours. However, the "Spectromagic" parade is not offered on days that have the "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party" .

Whether or not you are doing this, you need to be aware of when it is going on during your stay because it affects park hours. If you are not interested in "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party", you should schedule your visit to the Magic Kingdom to avoid those days so that you can enjoy longer park hours.

dublin, ireland
Level Contributor
125 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party

hi ohiovactioner, i have just booked the mvmcp by ringing disney, now the girl said it was nt booked up yet, their is only two of us also but i said what the hell lets try it ,i have read alot of good and bad reports but just decided to go with it, hey to see it snow in florida.! im going as i imagine the atmospher to be great however after booking it last week i read a reviiew to say after the 22nd it is the same parade that will be in Mk, im a bit gutted as i thought i would be seeing something that only those doing the mvmcp would see. ha well we only live once and im sure id easily spend 90 dollors on rubbish. hope this doesnt confuse you more. oh also disney said you get 50% off your photo its not free anymore

8. Re: Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 04:17