We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Cruise - Anyway to get a deal on the trip?

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
515 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Cruise - Anyway to get a deal on the trip?

Hi - We are considering taking our family on a Disney Cruise in March, but I priced it out on the Disney site and it is pretty expensive! Is there anyway to get a discount on the tickets.... should we wait until closer to March to book or book now to get the best price? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Kim

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,652 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Cruise - Anyway to get a deal on the trip?

I don't think you'll ever get a good deal on any cruise from the cruise line site- you should consult a Travel Agent who specializes in cruises or use one of many sites on the Internet. As an example, for March 2007the 3 night Disney Cruises start at $464 and the 4 night at $574 at www.cheapcruises.com. - www.vacationstogo .com is another posssibility- but there are piles of sites. Just be on the lookout for additional charges , such a port charges , which are unavoidable and can add up- make sure you know the complete price before booking. A site called www.cruisecritic.com is like TA for cruisers and is loaded with good advice as well as specials from many discounters.

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Cruise - Anyway to get a deal on the trip?

Check out www.mousesavers.com - they seem to have good information about legitimate discounts on all things Disney related.

We booked our cruise - with Royal Caribbean, not Disney - through United Airlines. I spent a lot of time hunting down every recommended course for getting a discount but, because it is Spring Break & a new ship, the price was the price wherever we looked. This way, we at least got frequent flier miles.

Orlando
Level Contributor
856 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Cruise - Anyway to get a deal on the trip?

Check CruiseCritic.com

It's a website strictly devoted to all things related to cruising.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
4,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Cruise - Anyway to get a deal on the trip?

Check out www.vacationstogo.com

It's a discount cruise site. As you get closer to the dates you want to travel the price typically goes down however you take the chance that the cruise will sell out.

UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Cruise - Anyway to get a deal on the trip?

I booked a disney cruise through www.vacationstogo.com. They are probably the cheapest around & if the price goes down after you have booked they pass on the discount - Well they did for me

I highly recommend them for a proffesional service.

One note of caution about a Disney cruise, do a lot of research about saving money on board, I ran up $1800 on my card over a week to the caribean - they know how to charge on board & I didn't go on any excursions (I did my own). Admitedly I did do an open sea scuba dive off their private island which was just incredible also quite expensive. Baby sitting, wine plan. drinks & tips made up the rest.

Having said all that, there is nothing else out there quite like a Disney cruise & will always remember what a fantastic time our family had - Hae a great time

Indiana
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Cruise - Anyway to get a deal on the trip?

Your cruise dates make the biggest difference in price. If you can be a little flexible you can get your Disney cruise cheaper. We loved it so much last year that while onboard we booked for this year, giving us about a 15% discount plus a $200 onboard credit for next year. (While on the cruise you only had to put down a deposit and we got the trip insurance so you can cancel for a small fee). It is totally worth it-the best vacation for parents and kids!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
711 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Cruise - Anyway to get a deal on the trip?

when i went in 2004 i booked in a year in advance i got a really good deal we did land/sea package for 3 adults and 3 kids was least then $7000 but that was no airfare cheaper to drive for us

Bournemouth, England
Level Contributor
115 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Cruise - Anyway to get a deal on the trip?

I have been quoted $1329.52(all inc.) for 3 night Disney Wonder cruise next Feb '07. Is this a good deal??Its for 2 adults, a 12 yr old and a 1 yr old. Looking for the best deal & wonder if this is it??Only in inside stateroom (cat 12) but apparently enough room to accommodate us-not planning on being in the cabin much anyway!Any advice greatly appreciated

Sally x

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
32 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Cruise - Anyway to get a deal on the trip?

Sally - If this price is for all four of you then it looks pretty good. We've just returned from out third Disney Cruise and the cheapest deal we found this time (and last) was from the vacationstogo website. They're a reliable and efficient company.

We've always stayed in a cabin with a balcony. They're more expensive of course but with two kids in tow the extra space and fresh air can make a real difference - you'll spend more time in your cabin than you realise, and the inside ones are very cramped.

Don't forget that you can order any food or drink from room service 24/7 and you will only pay for any Alcholol. So, if you're up before the kids (and this happens on the Disney Cruise), or they need an afternoon nap, you can have fresh coffee and Orange Juice as you watch the Caribbean go by.

You'll have a great time, whatever cabin you decisde to stay in.

Kevin

white rock bc
Level Contributor
532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney Cruise - Anyway to get a deal on the trip?

Do the Disney Cruises include days at DisneyWorld? Approximately, how much would a cruise for 4 days and DisneyWorld for 3 days cost for 2 adults and 1 child?

I am researching for a friend who told me a price of about $2,700. Not including airfare.

Does that sound expensive? That would be in US$