We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Reservation Angst

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,094 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Reservation Angst

Everyone seems to be so worried about making their restaurant reservations well in advance......I can understand if it's for a character meal or special occasion, But......

Eating quickly to avoid the possibility of having to take a taxi to reach your vehicle in the far flung parking lot, after the parks have closed.....

We plan to be more spontaneous, eat when we are hungry and at places where the food smells good.......waiting in line too long for table ?.......Oh well, if we get too hungry, we will go elsewhere (heaven forbid) maybe even off-site........After all it is a vacation not a military drill......

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
982 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Reservation Angst

I've made only character reservations in the past but with my extended family coming to join me we needed to make reservations. With that being said, it appears that with the Disney dining plan growing in popularity, the table services are filling up rapidly or else they are waisting their money by not using a table service. It will be getting more and more difficult to get reservations and I was actualkly told that I would not be able to walk in at some of my denied requests - but that cannot be, there has to be a percentage reserved for walk ins for the sake of the business and slower periods. I'll find out soon enough.

Virginia
Level Contributor
198 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Reservation Angst

Hi ... this is our 1st trip to Disney World (group of 6). Almost every guide book and/or website suggests making ADR for table service restaurants. I guess you could view this as a safety net. We've chosen the places we want to eat dinner at in each of the theme parks and downtown disney. But, if we are running late, too tired, or change our minds and eat elsewhere, all we have to do is cancel -- credit card numbers were not required -- so nothing is lost.

chicago
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Reservation Angst

Well mombear, if your traveling in August before the children go back to school you will probably end up not eating at any Disney table restaurants unless there is a cancellation and expect to waste at least 30 minutes waiting for counter service food. Since the beginning of the dining plan it's a must to make all your table reservations in advance, that is if you don't mind waiting in the counter service lines or leaving the park taking more time out of your day when you could be enjoying an attraction then you don't have to worry about making advance reservations.

Woz
Lancashire
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Reservation Angst

Definatley have to book reservations the dining plan is free at that time of year isn't it, if so there's no question!

5. Re: Restaurant Reservation Angst

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 14:19