We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help :-( Disneyland tickets not disneyworld

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Please help :-( Disneyland tickets not disneyworld

Has anybody made this huge mistake? It's made me feel sick and have to wait hours til the California office opens. I have bought Disneyland California tickets instead of disneyworld orlando tickets :-( I've spoken to Disney world they can't do anything as Disney land and Disney world are separate. I'm hoping someone out there has made the same mistake and there is hope they will refund. I'm very doubtful as it states tickets are non refundable :-((((

Mentioned in this post
California Grill
California Grill
3,236 Reviews
Orlando, FL
85 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help :-( Disneyland tickets not disneyworld

Oh no, sorry to hear this. I don't know for sure, but Disney seem to be good with their customer service, so I would think they can sort this out. It is an easy mistake to make. I hope it gets sorted for you.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help :-( Disneyland tickets not disneyworld

Thankyou. The office opens 3pm uk time so will have to wait in suspense til then!

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,391 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help :-( Disneyland tickets not disneyworld

Well no, it's not "an easy mistake to make". That's silly.

But, I would call with your hat in your hand. Tell them you have made a terrible mistake and need their help.

I wouldn't be surprised if they helped you. But, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept to the rules too.

Good luck and come back and let us know what they say.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
236 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help :-( Disneyland tickets not disneyworld

Oh no :( I once made a mistake with Britain's got talent tickets, went and got X Factor by mistake, not such an expensive error but I felt sick and really upset so I know how you're feeling. Disney's customer service is usually great. I would explain, tell them how upset you're feeling and that it's such a lot of money and it was a once in a lifetime trip and you just feel so sick and be super polite and see how you go. Let us know how you fare. Good luck!

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
23,558 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help :-( Disneyland tickets not disneyworld

I'm with post#3. The tickets are non refundable and Disney usually sticks to their rules-they are not too magical about refunding money. So be very polite,beg for help,explain you hit the wrong button and you are really really sorry. I've gotten refunds from Priceline with the right attitude and they almost never give money back. But if the first person tells you no,call again and talk to someone else-can't hurt and Disney is notorious for giving different answers when you talk to different people

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help :-( Disneyland tickets not disneyworld

Oh no :( what a disaster.. I hope you had some joy? let us know

only other thing is to resell your tickets if they won't refund them? I'm sure someone would buy them. we're they as expensive as disney world?

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help :-( Disneyland tickets not disneyworld

Thankyou for all your advice and messages. I rang them at 3pm to be told that they only deal with things like this through emails. I emailed last night so now it's just a waiting game. Everyone I have spoke to said I should get my money back but nothing is confirmed. Waiting on the email back now and will update this post when I do :-) fingers crossed for me

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,866 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help :-( Disneyland tickets not disneyworld

Did you buy the tickets from Disney's site? I don't think it will be too hard to straighten out.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help :-( Disneyland tickets not disneyworld

Hi there yes I did buy them directly through Disney. Panicking because States they are non refundable but hoping as I contacted straight away then I may be refunded.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help :-( Disneyland tickets not disneyworld

Oh no I feel your pain, it's going to be an agonising wait until you get a reply to your email. We all make mistakes and I am sure you are not the first person to have done it. I will be the first to admit that I thought disney land and world were one and the same until I came on this forum, I could easily have been in your shoes. I really hope you get sorted.

Reply to: Please help :-( Disneyland tickets not disneyworld
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted