We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strong winds/hurricanes?

HK
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Strong winds/hurricanes?

During the end dec/early jan period, are strong winds likely to hit Orlando/Florida region?

And with temperatures dipping, do people still go to the beaches or to water parks?

Louisiana
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strong winds/hurricanes?

Hello Purvy,

Hurricane season is officially over as of Nov. 30, but one never know what mother nature has on her mind.

The temps in Florida (orlando area) varies day to day sometimes. One day it can be extremely cold, the next day possibly warm. as far as the beaches and the water temp. that will be up to you. I say this because some people that are used to cold temps don't mind swimming in cool waters.

As with the water parks Disney will still have one of their water parks open(not sure which one) in Jan. It does close early.

You can also check accuweather.com, it can give you the weather up to 15 days in advance.

I hope you enjoy your trip, stay safe and have fun.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,506 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strong winds/hurricanes?

strong winds accompany cold fronts usually. it is always cool at night during that time, even if it warms up during the day.

Going to the beach depends on the wind, 70 degrees is a great beach day if its bright and sun and light wind. the water might even be a few degrees warmer than the outside temp!

You wont get hurricanes but sometimes really bad thunderstorms have tornado warnings and strong winds but nothing that is going to cause heavy damage.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strong winds/hurricanes?

I just spent 10 days at Disney. I had every weather extreme from near freezing (below if you factored in the wind chill from the 25 mph winds) to summertime heat. There were plenty of people swimming on the warmer days. The pools and water parks have heated water, so as long as the air temperature is OK, you can swim easily. The beach water can get chilly in the winter time, but if it's a sunny warm day, the beach itself can be enjoyed. People still spend time at the beach when it's chilly, but they don't go in the water.

4. Re: Strong winds/hurricanes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 22:18