We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyworld in March

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CT
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Disneyworld in March

Any weather concerns for MArch? Also how is the crowd level?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,082 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyworld in March

Once you pass the first week of March, crowd levels get pretty high as it is spring break for many schools, both college and secondary.

The weeks directly preceeding and just after Easter are the worst for crowds.

Weather is typically warm days, cool evenings, and not much rain. Obviously, you should be prepared for all kinds of weather, but this is generally the rule for March. Yes, its usually warm enough to swim during day hours.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,996 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyworld in March

We were there for the last week in March '06 and the weather was pretty nice, too cold for me to get in the pool but warm enough to be pleasant walking around. It was very, very crowded however, the most people I've ever seen in 20 years of to trips to Disney. I remember a 3 hour wait posted for Test Track one day.

Jennifer

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyworld in March

I made reservations for the first week in April which is Spring Break for my kids. I'm thinking i should have made them somewhere else after reading that is one of the busiest weeks. I'm not planning on going to any of the parks. I just wanted to chill by the pool and maybe do a dinner show. I hate crowds but i guess it can't really be avoided too much that time of year. We went to Destin last year and Gatlinburg the two years before but i wanted to go somewhere a little closer. OH well....hopefully it won't be too bad.

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyworld in March

You can enjoy Spring Break at Disney world if you do some advance research and have a good touring plan. The fact that you're on these boards and asking questions in early January means that you are the type that can do that research.

The first thing you need is a good itinerary - that is "Which park you go to on which day". Strangely enough, the parks are not all equally crowded on a given day. Going to the less crowded park is going to help tremendously. There are three resources I've used and recommend - The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World is a book. www.tourguidemike.com is a subscription service that will help you plan your trip - the amount of information is overwelming at first but go all the way through the express planner tutorial without clicking any other links once to get a good overview before diving in. If you have trouble, the Tour Guide Mike forums are very friendly and helpful. We didn't have time to do our own planning on our last trip and used www.buildabettermousetrip.com - it is the most expensive of the three but you deal with a real person and they do all the work for you.

After you have your itinerary, you need to figure out where you want to dine and make the appropriate reservations where necessary. The reservation window for spring break opened in Sept / Oct. so some choices may already be limited but there should be plenty of good choices still available. You may want to consider a "Fantasmic Dining Package" at MGM Studios so that you have a guaranteed seat at Fantasmic - the evening show which tends to fill during busy times.

Once those items are settled, you just have to work on your touring plans but it is pretty easy once the rest is done. With the Unofficial Guide - you just look at the plan that seems to best fit your group and cross off anything that doesn't interest you. The UG is a bit more "commando" in nature with some backtracking etc. to help you see as close to everything as possible. Tour Guide Mike is more relaxed and Build a Better Mouse Trip will be customized to your interests. A good itinerary & touring plan will literally save you hours of time you would've wasted staying in lines during a busy season. I would not go without a touring plan - especially if you are new to the parks. It can just be too overwelming when you have to make decision after decision each time you get off a ride.

5. Re: Disneyworld in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 06:22