We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go away from the crowds?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to go away from the crowds?

Family of 4inc. two young teenagers. If we wish to hide from the crowds and the rides where would you go to spend the day. We are hiring a car but dont want to be driving to far. Beach a no no as one of our children sand phobic!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go away from the crowds?

Palatka.

England-Grew up...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go away from the crowds?

Eddie - never heard of Palakta?!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go away from the crowds?

Seriously, there are plenty of places around where you could avoid crowds, such as Bok Sanctuary (garden and carillon) about an hour or so south of Disney. But as far as places without crowds, without beaches, and without rides that would naturally appeal to young teenagers, I'm kind of drawing a blank there.

St. Augustine would be an interesting place to go, but not sure that it would be free of crowds, Its about 2 or so hours away, and is the oldest city. Still not sure about teenager appeal.

Wekiva Springs in NW Orlando or Kelly Park not too far away for rafting and inner tubing respectively. But that would be better in warm weather, and even those places have crowds at times, particularly on weekends.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go away from the crowds?

Nick, few people have, which is kind of the point, lol!

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go away from the crowds?

lmao...Palatka....that's a good one!!!

England-Grew up...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go away from the crowds?

Come on you 2 - where is this Palakta place? I am guessing its a town which has 30 people living in it, lol!

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go away from the crowds?

How about just going to a movie or bowling or just holing up in your hotel and reading a book or playing games? What do you do at home? Or someone recently mentioned renting a pontoon boat someplace that was really peaceful.

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go away from the crowds?

Nick - no it's has a few more than 30 but kinda in the middle of nowhere. The only time i go through there is when i'm on my way to St. Augustine.

9. Re: Where to go away from the crowds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 08:18