We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Must do" ideas in Ormond Beach?

Which Ormond Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
2 posts
Save Topic
"Must do" ideas in Ormond Beach?

My husband and I will be visiting Ormond Beach later this month and aren't real familiar with the area...any suggestions of "must do's"/amazing restaurants/other attractions close by? We are a young 20-somethings couple, no kids yet, and not real into the bar scene. Thanks for your insight!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: "Must do" ideas in Ormond Beach?

Most of the attractions are in Daytona Beach just a few miles south of Ormond beach. The beach is lovely in Ormond but to drive on it you will need to go down a bit. Julian's has the best prime rib in the whole area and is on the right going south from Ormond beach to Daytona. I hope this helps.

Bonnie

Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: "Must do" ideas in Ormond Beach?

Thanks for the tips, Bonnie! I appreciate it! Does anyone have any recommendations for great (yet affordable) seafood?

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: "Must do" ideas in Ormond Beach?

When you get there you will see all kinds of adds for seafood. Parks Seafood is just a few miles inland has great seafood and such a nice view of the river. We even saw a manatee once through the window while dining there. I know it is a chain resturant but the Red Lobster on A!A has a good cook and their seafood is always so fresh. You are so going to love this trip. We are going back June 2-12 and I can't wait!! We keep returning year after year, LOL.

Bonnie

Indiana
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: "Must do" ideas in Ormond Beach?

I was wondering if you enjoyed Ormond Beach and would recommend someplace to stay ther directly on the ceach that's oceanfront? We are planning to go in July. Thanks!!!

Indiana
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: "Must do" ideas in Ormond Beach?

I was wondering if you enjoyed Ormond Beach and would recommend someplace to stay ther directly on the ceach that's oceanfront? We are planning to go in July. Thanks!!!

Milledgeville...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: "Must do" ideas in Ormond Beach?

My family and a large group of friends from the same town go to Ormond Beach every summer for two weeks. Treat yourself one night and go to Billy's Tap Room. It is a wonderful restaurant - it is considered a little pricey - but you can go before six and get the twilight menu which is a little less. It is worth the price, the food and service are excellent. Another fun place is down the beach closer to Flagler - it is a hole in the wall restaurant/bar called Jack's High Tide or Snack Jack's. Good food - but the atmosphere is what makes it! Be prepared the waitresses can sometimes be a little abrupt - I think it is because they are always so busy! Another - little more touristy place but fun and laid back restaurant/bar usually with a band outside is Carribean Jacks - it is on a marina - so you see lots of cool boats and you can sit outside. Be prepared to wait - go early and enjoy the scenery. These are three restaurants we hit multiple times during our stay. Hope you have a relaxing and amazing time! Sign me - Can't wait for vacation this year!!!!!

Ormond Beach FL
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: "Must do" ideas in Ormond Beach?

Alfie's is definitely the best seafood place if you're looking for an off-the-beaten-path restaurant. It's on AIA (Atlantic) heading North and it's right on the beach. Hope this helps!

Sarah B

Ormond Beach

Ormond Beach FL
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: "Must do" ideas in Ormond Beach?

Alfie's is definitely the best seafood place if you're looking for an off-the-beaten-path restaurant. It's on AIA (Atlantic) heading North and it's right on the beach. Hope this helps!

Sarah B

Ormond Beach

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
265 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Must do" ideas in Ormond Beach?

Check out www.daytonabeach.com and www.ormondchamber.com for get info on area stuff. The websites will also tell you what events are going on while you are in town. Have a great time!

10. Re: "Must do" ideas in Ormond Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 19:20
Get answers to your questions about Ormond Beach