We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety on Ormond Beach

GA
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Safety on Ormond Beach

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's post. I have a question (or 2). I will be going to Ormond Beach in three weeks with my two children . My husband will not be able to go because of his working schedule .I have a house rented. I've never gone by myself before and I'm a little concerned about safety. I've read that there are some problems in Daytona with homeless people walking around. Is this a problem on Ormond. Also, are there anything that I should be aware of? Also, do people drive on Ormond Beach? Any information on these or anything else about Ormond beach would be most helpful.

West Atlanta
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety on Ormond Beach

There's no driving allowed on the beach in Ormond. My husband and I just got back and had no problems or concerns about safety. Didn't notice many homeless people and never felt threatened. Go to a lifeguard area on the beach and you should have no problems.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety on Ormond Beach

We have been in the area for 3 weeks on vacation. We are down in Daytona Beach Shores where there is a lot more people than up in Ormond. You will be fine. As anywhere be alert to your surroundings at all times. I have yet to see any homeless people, but I have not really been looking. We have been all over the area and I would feel very safe being alone, or with children. Have a great time, cherish the time with your children and share your trip when you return!

Make sure to take them down to Ponce Inlet to see the Lighthouse and Marine Science Center . They will love it!

GA
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety on Ormond Beach

We just got back from Ormond Beach. We had a BLAST!!!! The beaches were not crowded in the area where we were staying. No cars driving up and down the beaches for me to be concerned about with the kids! The beach patrol was constantly going up and down the beach keeping a watchful eye. I felt completely safe. I only saw a few homeless people when were were headed out to eat. I would highly recommend this for a great vacation spot. We stayed by the ocean most of the day except to go out and eat. We ate some great seafood. We hated to leave. The great thing about leaving is planning on coming back.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety on Ormond Beach

Glad you had a great time! And yes, planning on the next vacation is a lot to look forward to!

5. Re: Safety on Ormond Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 02:16