We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emerald beach resort and spa any info?

nge
montreal, canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Emerald beach resort and spa any info?

Emerald beach resort just opened tower 1 in March, has anyone stayed there this month? Any info about construction going on? We are planning to stay there mid July got a great deal. Any info would be greatly appreciate.

Mentioned in this post
Emerald Beach Resort
Emerald Beach Resort
298 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Marietta Ga
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emerald beach resort and spa any info?

hi nge

i havent stayed there but from the looks of building all the major construction looks done they might be doing minor work on the inside b/c if major construction was going on phase 1 wouldnt be open considering its all one big building i would call there hotel directly and ask questions if youre concerned look at emeralbeachresort.com or emeraldbchresort.com hope that helps

Atlanta
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Emerald beach resort and spa any info?

We are also going starting next Wednesday. Does anyone know what to expect since it seems to have just opened? Are stores and restaurants open? the pools? What is the spa like?

Atlanta
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Emerald beach resort and spa any info?

I just called the reservations number and found out that nothing is open except the pool and the hot tub. The spa is still closed as well as all the stores and food places. Bummer. The owner we rented from did not mention this. But it's ok. All I want is the beach.

They just got the beach chairs and they are $30 a day. Ouch!

Does anyone know if there are rental places you can pick up chairs and umbrellas and bring them back when you leave? I can bring down our chairs but would prefer not to. Also the umbrellas you can buy at the stores never stay up with the wind etc.

Marietta Ga
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emerald beach resort and spa any info?

StumpedAtlanta

i never use those rental chairs when we're on the beach last year when we went to Myrtle Beach i bought two umbrellas and long as you have that anchor w/th the umbrella it wont blow down as far as chair some owners have chairs in their rooms but we bought some $4.00 camping chairs at walmart and we use those showers at the beach to wash them off

Mentioned in this post
Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
panama city
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Emerald beach resort and spa any info?

I am an owner of a unit there on the 22nd floor so you find this a little biased. The wife and I have stayed there two weekends now and are enjoying it. There is still a lot of work to be done and being done, however the beach side swimming pool and tiki bar are in the bar wasn't open but you could sit around it and get out of the sun. The flyover bar is under construction as is most every thing else, but every week more things are being completed so by the time you visit it not seem so primitive. The rooms are new and lovely, the standard furniture selections were quite good even the lowest quality were good. The general quality of construction is impressive. The condo is in a handy place not far from a fine shopping mall (my wife says) and Sharky's (a seafood place) and the pier (less than a mile). If you have any questions feel free to email. dhallom@elmore.rr.com - I will be renting my 2 br. 2 ba. eventually, should ever require a little more room and great view, please drop a line.

Don Hallom

panama city
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Emerald beach resort and spa any info?

I am an owner of a unit there on the 22nd floor so you find this a little biased. The wife and I have stayed there two weekends now and are enjoying it. There is still a lot of work to be done and being done, however the beach side swimming pool and tiki bar are in the bar wasn't open but you could sit around it and get out of the sun. The flyover bar is under construction as is most every thing else, but every week more things are being completed so by the time you visit it not seem so primitive. The rooms are new and lovely, the standard furniture selections were quite good even the lowest quality were good. The general quality of construction is impressive. The condo is in a handy place not far from a fine shopping mall (my wife says) and Sharky's (a seafood place) and the pier (less than a mile). If you have any questions feel free to email. dhallom@elmore.rr.com - I will be renting my 2 br. 2 ba. eventually, should ever require a little more room and great view, please drop a line.

Don Hallom

Atlanta
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Emerald beach resort and spa any info?

Thank you all for the info. See you there hunter.

8. Re: Emerald beach resort and spa any info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 16:20
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach