We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sugar Sands Resort

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Georgia
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
Sugar Sands Resort

I found one review for this year. Has anyone else stayed here ?

How far to the closest stores ?

Marietta Ga
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sugar Sands Resort

hi kuponkilpper ( havent heard from you in a while) well i havent stayed there before but sugar sands is on 20723 front beach rd gorcery stores near there are winn dixie at 23200 front beach rd there is also a carousel supermarket at 19440 front beach rd and one more called sunnyside market at 21906 front beach rd

Georgia
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sugar Sands Resort

Hey MsNelson ... yes, it's been a while.

We have tossed up 100 different beaches and hotels, but our 5 year olds insists on PCB again. My husband ran across Sugar Sands. I have read 3 reviews here. One was from Feb. and was good enough to convince us. The other two were from Oct 06. I think 2 different reviews from 2 different ends of the spectrum are a little odd. Perhaps some rooms are clean and some are not ?? But, did they both deal with different front desk personnel ? Just a little confusing. The decent review from Feb. had some pics and they appear to be decent enough to serve our purpose and stay within budget.

I was just concerned about the distance from stores, etc. Also, I wonder if the beach would be less crowded or more crowded because of the location ?

If there are roaches, I won't stay there. But, how can I really know ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Marietta Ga
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sugar Sands Resort

well we're kind of close to sugar sands being at Splash but yes it is the quiet side i'm not worried about being too far b/c i liked the resort one lady said on here we're not too far for everything if we take 98 instead of going down front beach rd it will cut some time i got a brochure i nthe mail for sugar sands and it looks pretty decent i just looked on yahoo and there are 19 reviews for suagr sands take a look at it and let me know what you think

Georgia
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sugar Sands Resort

I am not sure how to do that, but I will try and check it out.

Georgia
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sugar Sands Resort

Ok, I found them. Well, some of them are old reviews. So I can't base my decision on those. There were a couple of new ones that didn't sound that great. Then the one poster from the first week of March stating their room was robbed. Geeze, what to think ? Who to believe ?

Marietta Ga
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sugar Sands Resort

kuponklipper dont stay here i did some looking up things check out the palmetto inn and suites i think you will like the Palmetto its #7 in popularity and has pretty good revies and prices let me know how you like that

Georgia
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sugar Sands Resort

Is there a website ?

Georgia
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sugar Sands Resort

Found the rates ... more than my budget ..

this is so frustrating.

Marietta Ga
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sugar Sands Resort

maybe go the five days instead of seven that will save you some money

Marietta Ga
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sugar Sands Resort

also you said you want beachfront? b/c those condos and hotels that are not beachfront will save you a lot of money you may want to think about that most of them are right arcoss the street like peachtree place let me know if its an option and i'll look some up for you