We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panama City Beach in July

Duluth, Georgia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Panama City Beach in July

Hello all!

I love this site. I always feel so prepared for my vacations and hardly ever feel ripped off because of all the wonderful tips I get from the people on advisor. I am taking my two cousins (14 and 15) to PCB for a week (July 15) to give them a break from their baby siblings and have a girls week out. I am over 25 and have booked at Long Beach. I had a few questions that I was hoping some of you could please answer. First I heard that traffic on front beach is awful. I wanted to try dining at Sharky's, boatyard, and a couple of other recommended places but I would hate to be in bumper to bumper traffic. I know I could walk to Pineapple Willy's is there any other good restaurants in walking distance? Is there a public trolly of some sort so I wouldn't have to drive to restaurants and St. Andrews etc.? Second, I saw some coupons on seepanamacitybeach.com about $25 parasailing and sorts but it said spring special...has anybody had experience using this coupon in the summer? Oh, and has anybody taken the waverunner shell island tour..how long does it last and was it FUN!? Any info on beach chair rentals at Long Beach? Any other need to know advice is much appreciated. Sorry for the long post..just super excited! Thanks guys

Marietta Ga
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panama City Beach in July

hi Jaydian

well i havent stayed at Long Beach before but i can help out with some of your questions some other posters on here have said that the traffic is bad (i guess a lot of tourist spots are) but if cutiing through side streets and getting on 98 make traveling easy through the area as far restuarnts within walking distane to you there a some i saw in my PCB vacation planner book im not sur how some of these places are (im pretty sure somebody on here will let you know if its good or bad) all american diner, angelos steak pit backyard burgers burger king chick fil a hammerhead fred hungry howies KFC mcdonalds pompanos (those are to name a few ) there is a public trolley there im not sure about the parasailing coupons but there are probably coupon books at the resort youre staying at from what i read on hear the tours are fun i ahve kids so ill be taking aboat to shell island but if im not mistaken you pay for how many people are on the waverunner i saw one for up to 3-4 people on one the boat tour that goes to shell island says u can be there from 3o min to all day if you want as far as chair rentals go they run $25-30/ day me personally if its not included in your price i would bring my own or go to alvins or walmert to get some beach chairs well hope that helps

Marietta Ga
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panama City Beach in July

hi again go to www.thebeachloversbeach.com click on things to do then click family attractions then go to more family attractions and there are listings of wave runner tours The orginal waverunner tours have the 3-4 person waverunners for $130 for the tour

IL
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panama City Beach in July

If you are in walking distance to Pineapple Willys, then you should also be able to walk to Pomanos and Cayote Ugly

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Panama City Beach in July

The traffic on Front Beach is not that bad outside of Spring Break.You can avoid it altogether by taking other roads, it's very simple to figure out if you look on a map.

Please don't walk to Pompano's or Coyote Ugly, there's much better places to eat! Boat Yard is VERY good, I personally hate Sharky's (bad service, overpriced, mediocre food) if you want to eat on the beach, Schooner's is the best of the lot.

Don't know about the coupons, but I hear the waverunner tour to Shell Island is a lot of fun. I have been out there on a friend's boat and seen the tour come through, everyone certainly looked like they were having a good time!

5. Re: Panama City Beach in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 00:19