So far PCB hasn't lived up to my expectations but we are here a couple more days so we have high hopes for the remainder of the week.
1) Too many teenagers - maybe its the July 4th holiday week that is making this place a bit unbarable. The cruising on Frontbeach road is out of control - kids are hanging out of windows/sunroofs with liquor bottles in hand and driving up and down frontbeach - they are clearly underage and the cops are not doing anything about the drinking and driving. It took us over an hour to move 4 miles on frontbeach road last night. There really should be a "no cruising" law for frontbeach road (virginia beach just instituted this and it has really really helped the beach reputation)
2) Most restaurants so far have been average to below average. We were really hoping for some good seafood but have yet to find any. Your suggestions are welcome!
Love Schooners view and atmosphere - the food was just average but drinks were great.
P.Willy's also has a great atmosphere and the food was better than Schooners.
We have eaten at Sharkey's twice and we had one good meal and one bad one.
Calypso has great nacho's and service but didn't like the rest of our meals.
By far the best meal we have had so far has been at Saltwater Grill (thanks for the suggestion). I highly recommend this place!! The lobster bisque was to die for and the service was amazing.
3) We are staying at Emerald Beach and the location is nice. It is on the west end of the beach where it is somewhat less crowded. There is still a lot to be done on the resort but our actual condo was beautiful. I really wish the sports bar and coffee shop were open.
4) There are some cute new shops on Middle Beach Road - def. check them out.
5) Our beach is ok - it is overtaken with very expensive rental beach chairs ($30 a day) and we can't get a spot close to the ocean. The actual ocean has been great most days - there is a lot of "slim" in the water. I don't know the proper term for it. We can handle it though, :)
Today we are going to drive to Destin and we are very excited about it.
If anyone has suggestions for the rest of our stay, we would love to hear them. Thanks in advance.