We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PCB First Timers! Advice Needed!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
PCB First Timers! Advice Needed!!

I am extremely excited-- I just bought tickets to PCB for myself (20) and my mother (50) today. We're going to be staying at Paradise Palms (formerly the Paradise Found Resort) from Sept. 16 - 19. This forum has been so informative, and I'm hoping you might be able to answer a few questions--

What places to eat are within walking distance of Paradise Palms? (It's next door to the Days Inn.) I know Harpoon Harry's is close on the beach, but I can't seem to figure out where exactly on Front Beach Road it is and what else is nearby. We won't be having a car so it'll have to be in walking distance!

Any suggestions about what we MUST do?? Mostly we're interested in bumming it on the beach/by the pool, and will have a tight budget. I am definitely going to do the Blue Dolphin tour, since a big draw of PCB is the DOLPHINS!!

Thank you guys for all of the posts you make on this site. I've been checking it obsessively for weeks!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
634 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PCB First Timers! Advice Needed!!

this map should give you an idea of what is around the hotel your staying at.

www.emeraldcoastmap.com

Lower Alabama
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PCB First Timers! Advice Needed!!

Well I don't know about walking distance because all the good restaurants are spread out. Here are my FAVORITE restaurants:

Angelos- Best steaks in the world !!

Boon Docks- Great seafood

Boatyard- My favorite, I love sitting by the water watching the boats come and go, and gooood seafood

Hammerhead Freds-Love it !!

Saltwater Grill- Huge huge huge Aquarium in there to watch while eating, Excellent food

Now for my least favorite:

Pineapple Willies- Average tasting food and expensive. I do not mind paying good money for food but I want it to be good.

Dirty Dick's - Bad Food

Hope you have fun !!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PCB First Timers! Advice Needed!!

Thank you for the link to the map!! It's exactly what I was looking for.

I'm thinking we may try to use the trolley to travel a little, so hopefully we'll be able to experience more of the restaurants. Does anyone know how reliable the trolley system is?

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PCB First Timers! Advice Needed!!

Firefly, You are walking distance to Bishops buffet AYCE--crablegs -----When we eat there thats all we eat so it doesnt matter what the other stuff tastes like the crablegs are fresh and yummyyy and you can walk them off --Have a great time

Flowery Branch...
Level Contributor
262 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PCB First Timers! Advice Needed!!

Hello Firefly,

You are staying in a good area at PCB. Paradise Palms/Found is in the middle of most everything at PCB. Montego Bay, Pompanos, Pineapple Willy's & most other resturaunts & attractions will be to your east. From what I remember Harpoon Harry's will be close, but I'm not sure if it's within walking distance. The new Super Target & movie theater, Boars Head, Boondocks & Thomas Doughnuts will be to your west. The pool at Paradise Palms is amazing. Days Inn & Paradise share the same pool. You will also have a red light to help you get in & out of the resort. One thing you might want to do is try the shell island cruise. We love it & the beach is gorgeous with the true emerald green water & sugar white sand. There are several tours available & some are less expensive than others so shop around. I agree this forum can easily become an addiction. I used to post & just check things out several times per day, but I've been too busy & haven't been on in several weeks. Looks like lots of new people have joined. Have a wonderful time!!!!!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PCB First Timers! Advice Needed!!

sweet_ga_peach,

Thank you!! I'm really excited about this trip. I think I've narrowed down the tours and want to take the Blue Dolphin Tour Offered (http://www.bluedolphintour.com/). Otherwise I was thinking of a waverunner tour, but I think a boat tour would be more comfortable and fun.

Also, I am hoping we can find a place for go karts-- my mom's never ridden them before and I want to make her try! :)

Indiana
Level Contributor
367 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PCB First Timers! Advice Needed!!

I think it is fantastic that you ad your mom are going, there is some go cart tracks there, one of them is over on Thomas, Just go east of your place and it will be the light at Shores of Panama, Turn right and just drive down that steet and you will see it , also there is these little electric cars that you guys might want to rent, my teenagers rented a moped and a little 3 wheeled car, they were so cute looking, A place called Classic Rentals had the best price andI think theres more than 1 location, have a great time I loved it, by the way were do you live at in Michigan, my family had a summer cottage in the U.P

Michigan
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PCB First Timers! Advice Needed!!

frumpypuppy-- thank you for the recommendations! I'll definitely be looking into that.

We're in the Lansing area. The closest to the U.P. I've been is going to Mackinac Island!

SE Missouri
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: PCB First Timers! Advice Needed!!

We visit PCB every year and we can't pass up the Sunset Catamaran Cruise at Island Time! It's a must do for our family.

SE Missouri
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: PCB First Timers! Advice Needed!!

We visit PCB every year, and a MUST DO for our family is the sunset catamaran cruise at Island Time. I highly recommend it!!!