We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two party girls on a family vacation

Vincennes, IN
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Two party girls on a family vacation

My sister and I (20 and 24 years old) will be in PCB in July with our family. During the day, I am sure we will be doing lots of family things, but at night we will want to get away from the parents and have some fun of our own. Any suggestions? We are staying at the Chateau which is close to some bars (I think?) Are any of these worth our time? Will there be people out, or is it pretty dead during the summer? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Valley,AL
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two party girls on a family vacation

You need to go to Coyote Ugly Saloon. You may also want to try Lavela and Spinnaker.

U.S.A
Level Contributor
414 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two party girls on a family vacation

The Tiki Bar at The Sandpiper Beacon Resort is the happening place to be during Spring Break, but it isn't lively during the summer. Same pretty much with all the other clubs/bars. I have been to LaVela and it was nice. I'm not sure if it is still open or not. I know a lot of the places in PCB are closing down (hotels, etc.) But, yes, Panama City is pretty dead during the summer. It's more of a family destination then. For the time of your life, try the college spring break week. I've been to spring break and to summer break there and spring break is the best. But, maybe there will be other young folks there in your shoes looking for some fun too. Good luck! Hey, I have a during the day activity for you though. Go to St. Andrew's State Park and Recreation Area and take the shuttle boat over to Shell Island. It is a beautiful beach and you can find TONS of shells, especially if take a mask and just get in the water about knee deep, right where it breaks into the waves and hits the beach and put your face down in the water. That way you can see the shells. It does get HOT there and there are no facilities on Shell Island, so I'd take sunblock and a t-shirt to wear over your swimsuit. We put sunblock on all day and still got scorched and we had good tans to start with. Also, bring a little bag (the mesh kind work well) to put your shells in you find. A cooler with bottled water is also nice. We saw a few dolphins jumping beside our boat when we went. It was very cool.

indiana
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Two party girls on a family vacation

You will have a good time regaurdless...besides you are in PCB!!! Cruising up and down the strip is fun too, and I am sure you will meet some guys! I see where they passed a law down there if you play your music too loud you get a ticket!! GEE!!!!!!!!! Guess I will have to lower my music...LOL Anyways have a great time and I am sure you will!!! PCB rocks!