We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PCB or Destin?

Louisiana
Level Contributor
98 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
PCB or Destin?

Which one is better for a family with a 10 year old and 15 year old? Thanks.

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PCB or Destin?

I love both but I think Panama City Beach has more for children and young teens to do. There is the pirate ship cruise, Gulf World, mini golf and the maze at Coconut Creek, gokart racing, a water park, etc. Club La Vela has a teen night. There are also dolphin cruises and the Sea Screamer. You can take the shuttle to Shell Island and snorkle for shells.

Some of the condos plan kid activities depending on what time of year you come. I don't think they would be bored!

Huntsville, AL
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: PCB or Destin?

We have been going to Gulf Shores for the last 8 years and this year the kids (13 & 9) wanted to try something different. We decided to go to Destin or PCB. We decided on PCB because of the Pirate Cruise, Shipwreck Island, and St. Andrews Park to name a few. I also seemed to find better deals on the condos. I have been to Destin and I feel it is beautiful, but I think PCB has more going on for kids/teens. I have not been to PCB since high school (1990) so I am anxious to see how it has changed.

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PCB or Destin?

I vote PCB! My favorite by far!

When are you planning to go??

Karen

Level Contributor
350 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PCB or Destin?

I vote Panama City Beach!

Louisiana
Level Contributor
98 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PCB or Destin?

We are planning on going the last week of July. We have been looking at the Calypso condos.

kentucky
Level Contributor
370 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: PCB or Destin?

Tedison,

We stayed at Calypso last year for our first trip to PCB. You will love it. Beautiful beach, nice pools, and our particular condo could not have been nicer. We went through vrbo and really found a gem! My kids were 14, 11, and 5 and they absolutely loved Panama City Beach. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Have a wonderful trip!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
198 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PCB or Destin?

I gotta be honest with ya, I frequent both forums, and on this one you'll be told PCB and on the Destin forum, they'll think you're crazy for even considering PCB. This time, we're doing both.

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PCB or Destin?

Travelmom---LOL!! So true....I guess it's like places to eat...we all like different things and that's what makes life so interesting. I LOVE PCB and wouldn't consider Destin unless I had no other choice. But one of my best friends loves Destin and wouldn't consider going to that "red neck town" of PCB! I love Angelo's, others say it's just "ok". I don't like Capt Anderson's but other's swear by it. The only way you know how you truly feel about a place is to go and experience it yourself.

IN
Level Contributor
457 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PCB or Destin?

Karen and Travelmom are absolutely right!! :-)

My personal feeling is that Destin is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there . . . or . . . . I'd rather stay at PCB and visit Destin on a rainy day. I thought Destin's traffic was horrendous (and this was off-season) but they do offer much better shopping and a little more variety in restaurants.

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PCB or Destin?

I've stayed in both Destin and PCB. Destin is pretty, but the traffic does seem to be bad and it is really spread out. I would suggest you stay in PCB and then drive to Destin while you are there so you can decide for yourself for a later trip. It's only about 45 minutes away I think and if you take the scenic route (highway 30-A) you'll go through some neat little beach communities. Here's a website. http://www.discover30a.com/index.asp