We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Beach in June?

indiana
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Long Beach in June?

Can anyone tell me if the beach and pool area at Long Beach in June are overly crowded? I've been doing some research trying to find the perfect place and now I'm just confused! The new condos look nice but I've read reviews about the pool area's being overly crowded. I'm all about the pool area when we go on vacation and I don't want to be elbow to elbow with someone in the pool. I love the looks of the pool at Long Beach, it just scares me that there are four towers! Which obviously means more people! Also, can anyone tell me if Long Beach is located on the quiet end? So far my decision is between the Commodore, which has a smaller pool but less of a crowd, and Long Beach, which has a bigger pool but more people! I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

Alexandria, Kentucky
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Beach in June?

I don't consider Long Beach on the quiet end of the beach. It is at the intersection of Thomas Dr. and Front Beach Rd. Kind of in the middle of the crowd. We stayed there several years ago but in October so there was no crowed. Nice pool. Have since started staying at Treasure Island which is on Thomas Drive and is a quiet end of the beach. We were there in June and could always find chairs around the pool. We are returning to Treasure Island again in October. Don't know much about the Commodore. Long Beach was nice you would enjoy it. Good luck on finding the perfect place and have fun in PCB.

indiana
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Beach in June?

Thanks for the info. Treasure Island is one I've never checked out yet. We have always stayed at the Commodore located on Thomas Drive. Love the area. We now have a seven year old son so I've been trying to find a place to accomodate all of us. Which is VERY hard! I thought my son might be impressed with the pool at Long Beach. But I've always prefered the quiet end. Maybe Treasure Island will have something for all of us. Thanks!

Duluth, Georgia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Beach in June?

Hi,

I normally stay at Long Beach when my family vacations. Long Beach offers a great price for a nice place and I have never been dissapointed. I can only speak for my experiences though, as others have had different experiences. I have always been fortunate in renting tastefully decorated condos from very nice owners from VRBO. We always go in July and it does get a bit crowded at times, mainly on the weekends, but nothing near what I would consider elbow to elbow. Long Beach is definitely not on the quiet side of the beach as it is a stones throw away from Pineapple Willy's (super busy restaurant) and almost across the street from the Super Busy Super Walmart. We love the convenience of being able to pop into walmart, being steps away from the beach, the nice pool (i.e. tropical frozen drinking), and a nice stroll to Pineapple Willy's. I hope this helps and I hope you enjoy your trip.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Beach in June?

We just returned from Long Beach last week. The lagoon pool was almost always crowded, but not overly so. It is one of the nicest pool areas I have ever seen. Most times hard to find chairs. But Long Beach also has 2 smaller pools located between each of the buildings. They are smaller than the lagoon pool, but very nice. Each of the three pools has a hot tub area. Long Beach is NOT on the quiet end, but you do not hear traffic from the condo or pool area and it is very convenient to restaurants. (Pineapple Willy's is walking distance.)

indiana
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Beach in June?

ukdebs, could you tell me about the beach area at Treasure Island? I just read a review about the beach area being very small. Is the beach at Treasure Island smaller than most areas on Thomas Drive. Thanks!

indiana
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Long Beach in June?

Also to everyone who has stayed at the Long Beach, is the beach overly crowded? And is the beach kept clean? I've read reviews about certain areas of PCB having lots of cigarette butts and broken glass. I am having such a hard time deciding on Treasure Island or Long Beach. They both seem very nice. I'm saving about $400 if I stay at Long Beach, but that's for a one bedroom with only one bath compared to a luxurious two bedroom two bath at Treasure Island.

Carthage, Missouri
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Long Beach in June?

My family has stayed at Long Beach twice before and we are going back again the 26th of July. The prior times we were there the first weeks of August. I too have struggled with whether or not to go back to Long Beach or try out one of the new resorts, but because my 12 y/o daughter(and me too!) LOVE the Lagoon pool at LB, we are again going with what we know & not risking being disappointed by trying out a new place. The times we have been to LB the pool was busy, but not elbow to elbow by any means. The private beach area for LB is huge, because of the property is so long (remember the 4 towers are set side by side) and I thought it was very clean & never overcrowded. We enjoy the family-friendly environment at LB. I really appreciate NOT having to have my child & I swim among 'young adults' that are imbibing & dropping the f-bomb every 5 minutes. I've heard horror stories from friends who experienced thong-clad, drunk young adults groping and acting as though they were at a frat party next to their kiddos. I'm not ready to explain that 'aspect' of college to my kid yet!! If you are concerned about not having enough space in the one bedroom condo, you may want to check on VRBO.com and see about some of the specials that condo owners are running on their 2 bedrooms. We got a two bedroom for about $100.00 more that we normally pay for a one bedroom. With high gas prices & it getting later in the 'summer season' many of them may be quite willing to give you a good deal! Hope this helps!

Alexandria, Kentucky
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Long Beach in June?

golfer04:

I can send you pictures of our recent trip at Treasure Island if you want. You can see the beach area from the pictures. It may not be as big but there is still plenty of room and if you go a little to the right of the building the beach gets wider there (toward seychelles). Let me know.

indiana
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Long Beach in June?

ukdebs, I sent you a message but I don't know if you received it. Yes I would love to see pictures of the beach area. I looked at the rooms you stayed in and they were beautiful. If we stay there we are going with vrbo#39123. They seem to have the best deal for June next year. Can you send pics to me through Trip Advisor or do you need my e-mail? Let me know.

Has anyone been having difficulty sending private messages?

indiana
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Long Beach in June?

DRTPSYCH

Long Beach sounds really nice too. Thanks for the input. We won't be going until June of next year. I've looked at two bedroom units at Long Beach on VRBO but no one yet has offered us a really good deal. So far I have found much better deals at the newer resorts. Although I too love the looks of the pool area at Long Beach and I think my son would be impressed too! I'm wondering if I should hold off booking anything until closer to our dates. Maybe we would get a better deal. I'm just afraid we won't get what we are looking for if we wait too long. Thanks everyone for all the input!