We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best travel route ? Any suggestions ?

indiana
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
Best travel route ? Any suggestions ?

Hello we are leaving sunday for panama city and when we were checking our maps for a route it seems that there are a few :) Just wondering any suggestions on the quickests route , even if its not interstate ? And also checking on construction that we didn;t know about ~ Thanks in advance :) We are coming from southern indiana and staying at the calypso ~

indiana
Level Contributor
222 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best travel route ? Any suggestions ?

I hope somebody answers this-as we are leaving in a couple of weeks as well from Southern IN. I did mapquest-just not sure if that's the best route.

indiana
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best travel route ? Any suggestions ?

I did mapquest also and we have went different ways before so just wondered :)

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
1,216 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best travel route ? Any suggestions ?

we just came back, unsure of your route but we left atlanta on 85-s to columbus and picked up i85-s to eufala al and there took 431-s into dothan ala before getting 231-s to 98 into pcb. they have improved this road a lot, an it now only has about 10 miles of 2 lane road. enjoy your visit!

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best travel route ? Any suggestions ?

Oceanside and Hismineandours.......

I'm just north from Nashville (TN) so assuming you will come down I-65?? If so, take 65 south to Montgomery and then from there it's your choice...either 231 or 331. Personally I like 231 through Troy and Dothan but others like 331. Follow signs and hit 98 to your condo. 331 might work better for you since you're on the West end of the beach...we're on the east end so 231 works best for us. Lots of threads concerning 231 vs 331 on here so just see what you like best.

We;re heading down the 26th and staying til the 2nd.

Good luck and safe travels!!

Karen

tenn
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best travel route ? Any suggestions ?

Depends on if you are coming down thru Nashville or Knoxville,,Let us know,,we will try to help

Bryant, AL.
Level Contributor
299 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best travel route ? Any suggestions ?

I just returned from calypso this past sun, the route i took seemed the shortest to get to the west end. Take I-65 to south blvd exit in Montgomery, turn left go a few miles and take a right on 231 south. Stay on 231 to Troy and turn right on 167. 167 makes a couple turns just follow the signs. At the Florida line it will become hwy 79 south, follow all the way to front beach rd and turn left, calypso will be on your right just past the pier park.

Thorndale...
Level Contributor
88 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best travel route ? Any suggestions ?

I just returned last weekend July 12th and we came down from Atlanta the same way BBQMAN said above. The road was good except for the few rain storms we had on the way. It lloks like the best way into PCB...

indiana
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best travel route ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks for all your help ~ I am ready to leave now :) I will show these to my husband since he is driving and check them out on the map ~ Last time I drove and went myself I did go thru alabama on some two lane highways but it seemed like a nice drive , didn;t check the timing but it was scenic :)

Midwest
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best travel route ? Any suggestions ?

I'm from Southern Indiana too! We took 65S to 106 (exit 114) to 55 to 331. At the time I thought it took us forever to get to PCB, but going home we took 331 all the way to Mongomery. I think it took us more than 4 hours just to get to Mongomery that way. I think it took us 3.5 hours from Prattville, Alabama to PCB going down.

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best travel route ? Any suggestions ?

Have a question about 167---is it a 2 lane or 4 lane highway?? How is it compared to 231??