We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PCB in October

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
indiana
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
PCB in October

We are planning a trip for next June to PCB, but we are thinking about possibly changing our plans and going this October. I'm not sure if I am making a good decision. I would appreciate everyone's opinions. I've never been in October, but I heard the weather is nice and most of the famous restaurants are still open. We will be staying at the Treasure Island if we go in October. If we go in June it will be at Long Beach. Here is a list of things we like to do:

Sea Screamer

Lots of mini golf (my son is an avid mini golfer)

Pineapple Willies

Schooners

Angelos

Alvin's Island (we love all the shirt and souvenir shops)

Can anyone tell me if any of the above would be open in October?

Thanks

Missouri
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: PCB in October

Golfer,

The weather in October is perfect in my opinion. That's my favorite time of year to go. If you like the sun, you're still able to get a great tan as you still have to use sunscreen that time of year. The first year we went during that time, we all got roasted because we underestimated the sun. It's warm during the day and very pleasant at night. Everything on your list is still open except for Angelo's. I may be wrong but I think they close sometime mid October and re-open sometime in mid April but if you go the first part of October, you should be fine. Perhaps somebody who lives in PCB can give you the exact dates.

We never have to wait at restaurants for a table, traffic is very minimal, the beaches and pools aren't crowded at all and the weather is just perfect!

indiana
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: PCB in October

Thanks for the info. Sounds great! We will be staying October 11-18. I guess I could call or e-mail Angelo's for their dates. That is my husband's favorite place to eat. He will be so disappointed if it's closed!

How about the seaweed and jelly fish in October?

pensacola
Level Contributor
711 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: PCB in October

Mid- Sept thru Oct is the best kept secret of the Gulf Coast beaches. Great weather, great beach, great prices. Come on down!

Missouri
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: PCB in October

We've never had a problem with seaweed during that time but we have seen jellyfish. Not alot of them but usually the water is so clear you can spot them quite a distance away. I'm not a person to swim in water I can't see in. :) The only problem we've ever encountered is Red Tide. We experienced that last year for the first 3 or 4 days of our trip and the year before that, we had 2 or 3 days of it.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PCB in October

Panama City beach is awesome in October. Angelos does close the end of Septmeber. I would consider the Holiday Inn Sunspree for your vacation choice.

All beach front, entertainment on weekends, tiki bar, convenient store, Beachside restaurant with outside patio overlooking the gulf of Mexico, no view like it anywhere for dinner. have kids activities are included. Tons to do all on property

Check it out...great month for this beach!!

louisville
Level Contributor
237 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PCB in October

What is the gulf water temp in October. We were thinking about coming down the 1st weekend for about 4 days. When we were there in mid May this year-it was very windy everyday and the pools were too cold-we had red and yellow flags so we never got in the gulf-on the day we left it went to double reds and on the day we arrived-I think it was the 16th there were 2 drownings. D you think the October weather woul dbe similar?

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: PCB in October

Angelos is closing this year on October 11.

I visited PCB in late October about 6 years ago and it was very warm in the daytime and sun very bright. Nights were delightful.

indiana
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: PCB in October

Thanks to everyone for all the info. I've cancelled our reservations for June and made new reservations for October. I am so excited! Although it looks like we won't be eating at Angelo's. Oh well, there is always next year. We are going to try out Montego Bay and Boatyard. I see they get pretty good reviews. My son is very excited to try out Thomas Donuts. Anyone have any info on Boondocks? Location and what kind of food they serve?

Georgia
Level Contributor
477 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PCB in October

Please write trip report when you get back. I think alot of us would love to go in October when the crowds are gone and the rates are way down. We went to Boondocks in June and were very disappointed. We loved it last year but this year we thought the food just ok and they added huge tip on party of eight. The bill was very high. We actually ate at Back POrch seafood in Pier Park and we thought this was the best meal of the week for us. The prices were reasonable and the food was delicious. Also no wait!!! Big Plus..

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: PCB in October

We went to Panama City Beach last year in October and other then the red tide that lasted a couple of days during our stay, it was wonderful!

The temps were in the high 80's to low 90's the water was still very warm!

We nearly had the beach to ourselves and the rates were great for accomodations!

No line waits at restaurants it was just perfect!

And yes to the sunscreen....we got totally baked!

Pattie