We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March weather in Panama City????

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pa.
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
March weather in Panama City????

I won a trip to the Ocean Towers Beach Club Feb 28-March 6, 2009 in Panama City. I am not familiar with Panama City at all and I am a little concerned! First of all the weather in March??? Will it be warm? I would love some info on the area, restaurants, night life, shopping etc.... Thank you to anyone who can help me!!

pensacola
Level Contributor
711 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: March weather in Panama City????

Springtime in the deep south. Warm days and cool nights. Early college spring break time. Water still too cold unless you down a 6 pk first. Since trip is free...come on down.

Hamilton,Al
Level Contributor
364 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March weather in Panama City????

You will be staying next to The Holiday Inn Sunspree where MTV films a lot on spring break. You are onl the west end of the beach not very far from Pier Park which is a Huge shopping and entertainment complex. They have a lot of outside type eating places and a Marigaritiville restaurant and a Totsies Orchid Bar just like the one in Nashville, TN. Schooners the last local beach bar is a must along with Spinakers, The Treasure Ship and last but not least the worlds largest nightclub Club Lavela Also a MTV filming spot on spring break. The Saltwater Grill is one of my favorite places to eat for a laid back meal and a great guy at the piano. Hunts Oyster Bar on Beck Ave across the bridge in pc proper is very reasonalbe and has the very best food.It looks like a mom and pop Dairy Freeze. Also nearby is the new Shrimp Boat Restaurant which is very impressive looking. The Captains Table and Uncle Earnies are also nearby and are highly rated by the locals for their food. We were there last weekend and had a springlike Saturday perfect for the beach. With a little luck you will have some great days on the Beach. When you leave Pa 70 degrees seems like a heatwave. You will need to take several trips to see and do everything you want.

Pa.
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March weather in Panama City????

Sounds good! The only thing I am concerned about is .... please tell me Spring Break isn't the first week of March!? My two friends & I are going and we are Mothers of teens & the last place we want to be is in the middle of Spring Break!!

indiana
Level Contributor
483 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March weather in Panama City????

March is College Spring Break time.

Hamilton,Al
Level Contributor
364 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March weather in Panama City????

I can assure you having stayed there 2 times that the Management of Ocean Towers Beach Club will not let anyone under 25 rent and will have very tight security and not let any guest be bothered by spring break kids.

Hamilton,Al
Level Contributor
364 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: March weather in Panama City????

The entrance to Ocean Towers is located at a traffic light which helps with getting out in traffic. PCB has Middle Beach Rd and Back Beach Rd (HY98) that run behind Front Beach Rd and are have less traffic that Front Beach. The traffic light will let you go directly to either one of the back roads.By the way there is a trip to Shell Island that is a great sightseeing trip. You can leave from across the bridge in PC or from St Andrews Park

South Florida...
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: March weather in Panama City????

Oh Karin3434....yes, you will be hitting Spring Breakers. No worries about your actual accommodations but the town will most likely be crazy as will the beaches. The weather should be great but evenings will most likely be a little cool. Shorts, Capri's, flip flops, etc. The current water temperature is too cold to swim in and won't be warming up for awhile yet but the beaches are beautiful. If it is chilly find a sand dune to block the wind and you will do just fine...take heed of the Florida sun though and wear sun block all of the time. Tourists do not realize how they can blister and not even know it.

Have a wonderful break, enjoy the sunshine...if you can dine earlier in the evening to avoid the "kids" and relax!!!

Boise, ID
Level Contributor
500 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: March weather in Panama City????

Karin,

Your poor teenage children. You are hitting Spring Break during one of the most busy times, aren't you. You will probably see so much that you won't let them go back for the fun on their Spring Break in the future.

I'm sure you're having a fun time looking at how foolish some of (us) college students can be.

Hope you're having fun :)

9. Re: March weather in Panama City????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 17:19