We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance between condos

albany, georgia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
distance between condos

Can anyone tell me about how far Seychelles is from Sugar Beach? Are they both on Thomas Drive? Thanks!!

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: distance between condos

They are not both actually on Thomas Dr. but Seychelles is at the St. Andrews Park end at 5115 Gulf Drive, which is right off of Thomas Dr. Treasure Island Resort and Schooners are right next door. Pretty crowded there. Sugar Beach is at 8727 Thomas DR. on the other end as it runs into Front Beach Rd. Could you walk there? If you are a distance runner. Could you drive there in just a few minutes? Yes.

albany, georgia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: distance between condos

Thanks for the reply! That helps. I think I have a picture now. One more question and I know this is like asking for the moon.....what areas would you recommend (with easy access to Sugar Beach) that aren't quite as crowded? (If there is such an animal in PC). I have a child that will be at SB and I don't want to be too far away. (Don't really trust the parents in charge of the trip - long story.)

Thanks!

genb

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: distance between condos

You would not be that far away at Seychelles. It is on the east end which is considered the quiet end. Schooners Resturant is right next door and is a lively night spot but mostly cater to more mature adults. That is not to say it won't be crowded. Here is a link to a great map. Sugar Beach is not on it but it is near the intersection of Thomas Drive and Front Beach Rd. www.emeraldbeachmap.com Click on the interactive map and you will get lots of good info.

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: distance between condos

Sorry..my fingers are faster than my brain sometimes. www.emeraldcoastmap.com

indiana
Level Contributor
483 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: distance between condos

Seychelles is far enough from Sugar Beach that you're not going to know whats happening unless your at Sugar Beach. I think no matter where your staying if it isn't at sugar beach its going to be hard knowing whats going on there. Have you thought about just renting a place from VRBO for Sugar Beach?

albany, georgia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: distance between condos

Yes I have. I think you're right. I don't know anything about SB, however. Is it ok? Thanks - hate to keep asking questions but I'm trying to get this thing put together soon.

Hamilton,Al
Level Contributor
364 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: distance between condos

Try The Boardwalk It is very very nice or Gulf Crest.

What condo are they staying at at Sugar Beach?

indiana
Level Contributor
483 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: distance between condos

I have stayed at Sugar beach once. It was ok there was a bunch of us staying there so that helped. I like the other place I stay at better. The last time I was there it didn't seem as well kepted as when I was there but that could have been just the time of year. If it was my kid and I was worried about them I would just rent a place at Sugar Beach.

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: distance between condos

Sugar Beach Condos are the condo??? If there is an adult with them you could be just close enough to keep an eye without being to obvious.

10. Re: distance between condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 16:17