We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panama City Beach

wv
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Panama City Beach

My family is planning on going to PCB this year and were trying to find somewhere to stay. We stayed at Splash last year and loved it but we want to stay somewhere different this time. We have a total of 7-4 adults, 3 kids ages 2,6,and 9. We are looking for a family friendly hotel that is not in the "center of the action". Any ideas?? Also, when we came down last year there was so much seaweed and jellyfish that we could not swim in the ocean. Does this happen a lot?? We were there for 2 weeks and could be in the ocean about 2 days. THank you!!

Marietta Ga
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panama City Beach

luvthebeach

When did you go bc when we went at the end of July we didnt have any problems with either I think you might like Boardwalk(has kid play area)Holiday Inn Sunspree has a great water playground for the kids, Emerald beach has the oceanfront pool as weel as a kiddie pool with dump buckets by the parking deck Shores of panama has a large pool Aqua has 2 large outdoor and 1 indoor pool Hope that helps

Mentioned in this post
Aqua
Aqua
330 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
wv
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panama City Beach

Thank you for the info. We were there the second and third week of June. Just bad luck on our part, I guess! Thanks again!

GA
Level Contributor
469 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panama City Beach

I have one son and he loves emerald beach the best. We've stayed everywhere. Emerald has the best pool for kids. It has waterbuckets and the pool has no drop off. Its kinda like the ocean, you just walk into it. Its so nice. And, if your kids are like mine, they will LOVE the esculators. My son also loved long beaches pool. It is very nice with water fountains but now that I've stayed at emerald beach, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Splash is just no comparison IMO.

Alabama
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Panama City Beach

O.k. you said you were looking for a family friendly Motel. The Palmetto is great . we stayed there last weekend beachside and it was beautiful. It is brand new on the beachside. They have a Indoor Pool , Outdoor pool and hot tub. they also have a smaller pool right beside the outdoor pool for little ones . Our room was sooooo clean and smelled so good. They have rooms with kitchens and some with just frig and microwave and coffee makers. It is on the west end of the beach ( very quiet ) . You are still close to Pier Park if you want to go visit that. We always stay on the west end of the beach. I cant say enough good things about our stay here check out there reviews here on Trip advisor . Have any more questions I will be glad to answer them . We always stay in a Motel and have found a Gem here !!

Mentioned in this post
Pier Park
Pier Park
2,290 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
GA
Level Contributor
469 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Panama City Beach

The palmetto would be a huge step down from Splash. I'm just sayin....

Georgia
Level Contributor
477 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Panama City Beach

We stayed at Tidewater Beach Resort in Oct. and we loved it. I has two outdoor pools, indoor pool, movie theatre, gym, and two roman spas indoors and hot tubs outdoors. It is very close to Pier Park. If you are looking for somewhere that is not in the center of the action you may want to try a condo on Thomas Drive. We have stayed at Gulf Crest and Sterling Beach and would recommend both highly. Thomas Drive is a much quieter then Front Beach Rd.

Mentioned in this post
Tidewater Beach Resort
Tidewater Beach Resort
647 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Pier Park
Pier Park
2,290 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Gulf Crest
Gulf Crest
116 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Sterling Beach
Sterling Beach
67 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
173 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Panama City Beach

Grand Panama is a nice place to stay have been there and had no issues, rented directly through owner and got a better deal.

Alabama
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Panama City Beach

The Palmetto has just built its new beachside motel . Very clean soft beds and 2 pools, indoor and outdoor , hot tub and smaller kiddie pool. No cleaning fees or huge deposit to come up with !! WE love it . Different strokes for different folks !! I'll take step-down anyday for this Motel !! They also have full kitchens too !

nashville
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Panama City Beach

yes i would stay at hte palmetto we go ther every year it is great for the kids they love it and the rates are great also.

10. Re: Panama City Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 08:19
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach