We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from WI to PCB on I-65 need hotel recommendation..

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from WI to PCB on I-65 need hotel recommendation..

We are driving from WI to PCB Easter week and need a hotel recommendation for southern TN, northern Al where we can stop for the night. We want a nice place as we are going to have our small children with us. We are going to try driving 12 hours the first day which should get us to northern or mid-Alabama, but in case we don't make it that far we would stay in southern TN. Our experience is that because I-65 is so heavily traveled, it's hard to find a decent place off the highway. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Indiana
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from WI to PCB on I-65 need hotel recommendation..

Driving from Northwest Indiana to Florida many times I typically take I-65 down to Nashville, then take I-24 South to Chattanooga and then take I-75 down to Florida. This is the most direct route in my opinion, if you need suggestions for this route I can help you.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from WI to PCB on I-65 need hotel recommendation..

To go to the Panhandle we take I-65 and then pick up 331 or 231 to PCB. The other way would take us through the eastern part of FL out of our way. Thanks, though!

Huntsville, AL
Level Contributor
237 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from WI to PCB on I-65 need hotel recommendation..

Since there is not a whole lot going on once you leave the Nashville/Franklin area for a couple of hours, I'd suggest stopping in Athens, AL. Its about 15 miles south of the AL/TN state line. There is a Quality Inn right there at the I-65/Hwy 72 intersection. It's nothing special, but it's nice and clean and in a decent area with plenty of eats nearby.

qualityinn.com/hotel-athens-alabama-AL325…

Good luck!

Jack

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling from WI to PCB on I-65 need hotel recommendation..

Thanks Jack! I can't remember where we pick up 231 and 331. Will that throw us off course or do we pick that up outside of Montgomery? If I remember correctly we stay on I-65 through Montgomery. That Quality Inn looks like exactly what we need. Thanks!

Huntsville, AL
Level Contributor
237 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling from WI to PCB on I-65 need hotel recommendation..

No worries about getting off course, this hotel is right off I-65. Hwys 231 or 331 are both accessed south of Montgomery. If you stay overnight in Athens, you've still got a 6 hour drive ahead of you to the beach the next morning.

GA
Level Contributor
469 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling from WI to PCB on I-65 need hotel recommendation..

If you go through north alabama try staying in Oxford alabama at the comfort inn. Its right off of the road you'll be on going to PCB. ITs about 2 hours south east of huntsville al.

7. Re: Traveling from WI to PCB on I-65 need hotel recommendation..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 17:23
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach