We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schooners or Boatyard?

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Schooners or Boatyard?

I want to try a new restaurant this year, and I've heard good things about these 2 places but never been to either. It will just be me and my hubby. Are they similar in atmosphere, price, and food selection? Any preferences? Thanks in advance!

Alabama
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Schooners or Boatyard?

I love them both but the Boatyard is absolutely my favorite. I have been going there for years and just love it. Dont get me wrong I like Schooners too ! the 2 atmospheres are totally different.

indiana
Level Contributor
483 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Schooners or Boatyard?

I have to agree with Tide-girl they are totally different from each other. I love the boatyard too, I didn't really care for the food at Schooners.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schooners or Boatyard?

Hubby and I love Schooners. More of a bar atmosphere than Boatyard. We weren't impressed by Boatyard. The food was okay. IMO

Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Schooners or Boatyard?

We've been to both. Between the two, I would go with Schooners because we've never really enjoyed Boatyard. Their menu is too expensive for what you get and we just enjoy the laid-back atmosphere at Schooners.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Schooners or Boatyard?

Agree with post that Schooners more of a bar atmosphere. Food is okay there. They are right on the beach (gulf front). They have a sunset ritual -fire a little cannon as the sun sets.

Boatyard is a marina type atmosphere (they are on the bay). Has three eating areas (Bar, main dining, and upstairs dining - when open). It costs a little more. Portions are large though. We prefer food at Boatyard.

Maybe eat at Boatyard and go for drinks at Schooners.

6. Re: Schooners or Boatyard?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2009, 07:33