We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which beach area to try?

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beaumont, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Which beach area to try?

We have been to Navarre Beach once several years ago. Planning to go to Florida again this summer. Which beach would be better for more family oriented time? I've heard some are a little more roudy than others. I've heard of Pensacola, Panama City Beach, Destin. What do you recommend. Thank you.

louisiana
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which beach area to try?

We have been going to PCB for 23 years with children.I think there is more for children to do in PCB.As long as you dont come for spring break it is family oriented.Condos,hotels,etc are much cheaper than Destin and there are many,many new condos to choose from in PCB.Destin is super crowded,too crowded for me and traffic is awful.There are not many hotels on the beach in Destin and the ones they have are expensive.You can rent a condo in PCB for about the same price as a motel.When are you planning on going?That makes a difference in the prices.How long are you planning on staying and are you thinking motel or condo?I could give you more advice depending on the answers to those question.Also how old are your children?

2. Re: Which beach area to try?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2010, 05:16