We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question regarding water conditions

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Alabama
2 posts
Save Topic
Question regarding water conditions

We will be coming down to PCB next week and I would like to know if someone can update me on the water conditions. Last year when we went to the beach (Pensacola) we experienced lots and lots of jellyfish. My kids couldn't even get in the water. It was not a fun experience. I have my fingers crossed it will not be that way this year.

GA
Level Contributor
469 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question regarding water conditions

Sorry to hear about your experience last year. We went last year around this time, and, the Jelly fish were really bad......but, the water was beautiful and clear, so you could see them and try to steer clear of them. My sister got stung, but, it didn't stop her from getting back in! There were lots of people in the water. My son caught a huge J fish with a net. He loved showing it off to people around us, lol. I hear ya though. Those things can really put a damper on your vacation if they're bad. Hopefully, this year they won't be. I haven't heard any reports so far, but, we will be there Sat. and I will try to keep everyone posted on how the weather, and water is.

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question regarding water conditions

Go to MrSurfs.com and click on surf report. They give a daily water and weather report for Panama City Beach and will usually tell you what type of flag is out that day.

North Alabama
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question regarding water conditions

Thanks!!! They had just the info I was looking for.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Question regarding water conditions

We are curretnly in PCB, staying at the west end of front beach rd and Hwy 98 (Pinnacle Port). I saw a couple of jellies, but there was also a fair amount of algae. You could swim past it to clearer water, but kind of gross for me. We drove up the beach, and ended up in Destin at Henderson Park. The water there was crystal clear and gorgeous. We stopped along the way at Grayton Beaach State Park, but the lady there reported that there had been jellies the day before. Beach conditions can change from one day to the next, but if you find less than perfect conditions, I would suggest just driving up the coast and checking it out. The drive along 30-A takes you through some nice little beach towns. We loved the public beach at Grayton, and ate at the Red Door Bar, which was great. Also ate at Boondocks in PCB, and Margarittaville at Pier Park. We had lunch at Commander's Palace in Destin's Harbourwalk, whiich has an awesome view (amd 25 cent martinis!) Enjoy your trip.

louisiana
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Question regarding water conditions

hi,last year they had lots of seaweed,jellyfish and june grass almost all summer from the reports I read on here.We got here the first week of Aug and there was no seaweed or June grass.They still had a few jellyfish but not many.Hopefully the water will be great when you get there too.We really lucked out last year and I am hoping for the same when we go Aug.1 this year!!Have a great vacation,Seaneen

6. Re: Question regarding water conditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2010, 05:17