We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant.com

Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant.com

Has anyone ever used the gift certificates from restaurant.com? I didn't know if there is some kind of catch to them or what. Seems like to good to be true. Thanks for your responses in advance.

michigan
Level Contributor
358 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant.com

No real catches, just be sure to read all the "fine print"

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
705 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant.com

I used one in myrtle beach but could not find any for panama city beach when we came. Once you use them, you get emails all of the time offering very good discounts. Sometimes 80% off. It is a really good deal. Each place has different rules though. Most have a minimum you can spend.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
200 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant.com

I just came back from PCB and found on tripsmarter some GREAT deals.

www.tripsmarter.com/deals/index.htm#pcb

I bought them for Gulf World, Capt. Jacks, Margarettaville and there is NO fine print. They are gift cert. am were a great deal.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant.com

Thanks sooo much for the tripsmarter link...This couldnt have came at a better time!

I was looking over menus and fun things to do for our upcoming vacation..

I am trying to keep it all under a budget.

If anyone else has any coupon or budget websites please keep posting them!!

thanks so much!

Pattie

Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant.com

Thanks everyone for the great information.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant.com

I have a question about the ones on tripsmarter, if anyone has used them or revieved them yet. Can you use them towards the purchase of alcohol. And also do they have to be used all in one setting or not. Its only my finacee and myself and I was wondering before I purchase some of these that are for a large amount.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
200 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant.com

Hi

Yes I bought them and used them 2 weeks ago when I was there. I used mine in 1 sitting and they are a gift cert. so they can be used for anything on the bill.

There was no fine print. The moderator is the one you buy them from and she is awesome. I paid via credit card and got them in like 2 days via UPS.

Franklin, Kentucky
Level Contributor
223 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant.com

Did you pay for shipping?

Kentucky
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant.com

I just ordered mine. I emailed and asked about the alcohol and she said that some places you couldn't (TGI Fridays she thought) But the ones I was interested in that you could.

No I didn't have to pay anything for shipping. They have already emailed me the tracking mail them tommorow.

Its a great find, thanks so much for sharing!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant.com

Okay I left out some words in my second paragraph! This is what it should read

*They have already emailed me the tracking number and said they will put the certificates in the mail tommorow.