We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March 26 - April 2 trip - Advice to avoid spring breakers

Georgia
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
March 26 - April 2 trip - Advice to avoid spring breakers

I've been going to PCB yearly for about 25 years in Mid-July. We have decided to come this year at the end of march due for spring break and because march rates are cheaper than july rates.

We are staying near Pier Park, so I'm hoping we will avoid some of the 'party' areas. Do you think this trip in March is smart for our family? It has been a long time since I've been to PCB for Spring Break, and I guess I just want some re-assurance that I'm not crazy for wanting to go.

Thanks!

Slinger, WI
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March 26 - April 2 trip - Advice to avoid spring breakers

Can you tell us which complex you are staying at? I think a lot of the condos are getting very strict about not renting to people under the age of 25. Unfortunately, I think there are still a lot of people that are able to slip through the cracks somehow and rent. You'll be there during the tail end of college spring break so you might be OK. We're going to be there the week after you are, and I'm still preparing that it will be a zoo, though it will be mainly high school spring break and families. Even though Pier Park is closer to the west end of the beach, it will be busy because so many people head that way just to shop and eat at Pier Park. Plan on taking Back Beach Rd. if you have to go any distance. Have a great time!!

Georgia
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March 26 - April 2 trip - Advice to avoid spring breakers

We have reservations at 'Panama City Beach Resort and Club'. It is a smaller (and older) location next to the 'Tidewater' resort.

Marietta Ga
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March 26 - April 2 trip - Advice to avoid spring breakers

i know where that is its in between Tidewater and Sterling breeze its about 1 mile from Pier Park march is college spring break most grade school spring breaks start around the 1st week in april (i know georgia is the first week in april) so it might be busy at Pier Park but i dont think you'll have a problem where youre located bc tidewater and sterling breeze are strict about being 25 and up to stay there also most of the spring breakers like staying near the Holiday inn sunspree area near walmart where most of there activities will be i hope you enjoy your trip

Georgia
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March 26 - April 2 trip - Advice to avoid spring breakers

Thanks! That is what I was hoping! I knew Tidewater was 25 and older for checkin - wasn't sure about Sterling Breeze.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
98 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March 26 - April 2 trip - Advice to avoid spring breakers

I agree. You should be fine that week. Peak college spring break week this year is March 6-12 (which is a week or two earlier than normal). The college spring break should be almost gone by your vacation. It is likely that you will encounter the high school spring break season, but I'm sure that is much more tame than college.

Have a fun and safe trip!

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: March 26 - April 2 trip - Advice to avoid spring breakers

The only thing I would add is that the water is going to be a lot colder than when you are normally there. I've gone in mid April and the water was too cold for me, but I'm from the south and used to warmer temperatures.

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: March 26 - April 2 trip - Advice to avoid spring breakers

Just saw you were from Georgia, Natalie, and that's where I'm from also.

Georgia
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: March 26 - April 2 trip - Advice to avoid spring breakers

Yeah, I had a feeling the ocean would be too cold to swim, but the pool is heated so hopefully we will still have some fun in the water. Thanks everyone.

Slinger, WI
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: March 26 - April 2 trip - Advice to avoid spring breakers

Thought I would jump in as a "northerner" to say that we always go to PCB for Easter and without fail, you'll find us swimming in the Gulf. You'll usually have some days that sitting in the warm sun will make you want to jump in for a quick swim, even if it's a quick shock to the system! I guess coming from WI, that water looks too appealing to pass up and we adjust to the temperature of the water pretty quickly. I've been to PCB at least 20 times in my life, and believe it or not, I've never been there in the summer when the water has been really warm. I may have to try it this year! I hope you have a great time Natalie! We'll be there the week after you.

Slinger, WI
Level Contributor
189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: March 26 - April 2 trip - Advice to avoid spring breakers

Oh, forget to add that this year we're going with family members from GA. They think we're crazy for even considering going swimming in the Gulf! Must be a "southern" thing! :)