We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

conch fritter search

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
150 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
conch fritter search

while in St.Thomas in 2005 i had Conch Fritters for the first time and have been on the hunt for them ever since. Not to be found here in the midwest, that's for sure. Does anyone know if there is a restaurant in Panama City Beach that has them on their menu and if so, are they good? If i find them, i may have to eat one everyday while we are there in July...

Panama City, Florida
Level Contributor
308 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: conch fritter search

I've lived in Panama City for almost 30 years. I don't recall ever seeing them on a menu here. I've had them in the caribean and they are excellent but never seen them here. However there is great seafood here, who knows, maybe you'll find a new favorite. Good luck.

indiana
Level Contributor
483 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: conch fritter search

Margaritaville had them the last time I was there which was 2 years ago. That was the first time I had them and loved them. Your right you can't find them any place in the mid west I've looked everywhere also. I like them better at Margaritaville better them the place I had them this past summer in Clearwater,FL.

Bryant, AL.
Level Contributor
299 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: conch fritter search

According to this video they can be found at the Boatyard restaraunt www.tripsmarter.com/videos/play.php?vid=171

Panama City, Florida
Level Contributor
308 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: conch fritter search

I think they have changed the menu at Boatyard and don't have them anymore. I would contact them to make sure. I have not been to the Margaritaville yet so not sure about that.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: conch fritter search

Not really an answer to your question. but, I have been seeing 'shrimp fritters', and 'seafood fritters' starting to appear on menus around central FL and beyond. I guess it may be the same thing, but just substituting a cheaper meat. Last time I got Conch at a seafood market it was $17.99 a pound, and that was frozen, and a few years ago! Probably much more than that now!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
150 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: conch fritter search

wow, that is depressing.. I guess I will just have to make it back down to the islands of St.Thomas again and order them.. Thanks for the information.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
150 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: conch fritter search

Thanks everyone on the help with my hunt for Conch Fritters. I had NO IDEA they would be so hard to find. Perhaps they are a specialty of the Carribean . I guess I will just have to wait until I make it back to ST.Thomas again :(

Thanks for your help

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: conch fritter search

They are at many places in Key West.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: conch fritter search

Yes, Margaritaville has them and they are very good we have to stop in for some every visit. Conch fritters are one of my fave foods, and very hard to find. If you have a Miller Ale house anywhere near you they have pretty good ones too.

owensboro ky
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: conch fritter search

i was checking out restaurant.com for some bargains . i noticed a new listing for grecky's caribean bar & grill .they have "key west conch fritters" w/mango salsa. restaurant.com has a special $25 coupon for $10 right now. i have used restaurant.com many times with no problems. i have never ate at grecky's but maybe a local can let you know how the food is.

Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach