We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glass bottles on the beach

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Glass bottles on the beach

I am coming to the area of the Majestic Beach Resort on March 24. I have NEVER been here. I usually go to Myrtle Beach. I wondering wondering how strict they are in PCB for having beer bottles on the beach. I HATE cans and I am very careful and responsible when I bring my glass to the beach. Is this going to be a problem here?

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
30 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glass bottles on the beach

It can be if you get caught by the Beach Patrol....plus, even if by accident you drop and break a bottle, you won't get every piece of glass picked up. We use cans or poor the bottles into a cup while in the cooler, IE not drinking from bottle itself. Never had a problem..but you never know...

Marietta Ga
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glass bottles on the beach

I agree i wouldnt chance it we do the same we take them to the beach in the cooler but pour them into cups and throw the glass bottle away The beaches here are a little more lenient in PCB and there are no lifeguards on duty but bach patrol periodically drives by you'll see more enforcement if there are red and double red flags out there but also watch out for the guys who run the bananaboats and parasailing they enforce too Hope you have a great trip

indiana
Level Contributor
483 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glass bottles on the beach

I've taken my bottles to the beach and poured in a cup and I have also drank from my bottles just hiding it when the patrol comes by. I'm like you I hate cans and are very careful with the bottles. Just use your judgement but I can tell you the insulated mugs really keeps your drinks cold and if your like me I drink it pretty fast.

Panama City, Florida
Level Contributor
308 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Glass bottles on the beach

They are pretty strict about glass on the beach for obvious reasons. No matter how careful and responsible people try to be, the fact is that accidents happen and when they do there is really no way to get all of the glass shards up. If you where the only person to ever do it then it would probably not be a problem but we have thousands of visiters that all say they are careful and responsible and probably try to be. We want you to come to our beach and have a great time but please respect our rules. They are really there to protect you.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glass bottles on the beach

No glass on the beach please.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glass bottles on the beach

Please please no glass on the beach. I'll be there in September and want to see the most beautiful beach in the world.

Edited: 16 March 2010, 14:27
7. Re: Glass bottles on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2010, 06:18