We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ordor??

georgia
8 posts
Save Topic
ordor??

Heard rumors that there is an odor because of the oil spill at PCB, is there any truth to this rumor??

GA
Level Contributor
469 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ordor??

haha. who cares as long as its not in the water!

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ordor??

I'd care, not everyone wants to breathe oil fumes in!!!

The OP had a legit. question...

Panama City Beach...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ordor??

I live and work on the beach and haven't smelled oil or diesel of any kind.

Panama City, Florida
Level Contributor
308 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: ordor??

I live here and it is a rumor. There is no smell. If you look back through these posts it was also a rumor a week after the accident. There is no odor in Alabama or Pensacola either so certainly not here.

georgia
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ordor??

Thanks everyone for the replies! We are coming regardless on June 20th, I just want to be prepared what to expect when we go.

louisiana
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: ordor??

This is a legitimate concern.Especially for people with breathing problems such as myself.I certainly would not want to go to PC if there is an odor because it may severely affect my breathing.I love PC and have been going for almost 25 years now.But I could not take the chance on going if there are any odors or fumes,etc.I really,really wanted to go this summer as usual and I'm praying we'll be able to go and I'm praying for the beautiful beaches of the coast to not be ruined by this oil spill.Seaneen

7. Re: ordor??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2010, 06:29