We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving trip what to do and weather advice

Belvidere
Level Contributor
86 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving trip what to do and weather advice

I am planning a trip over break. Is it going to be warm or chilly. Will we be able to go swimming? I liked Ft. Myers because there were lots of restaurants and open bars around the time square section within walking distance. Anything like that in Panama City Beach?

IN
Level Contributor
457 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving trip what to do and weather advice

Average high and low temps for November are 70 and 46. December's average high and low temps are 63 & 39. However, just like anywhere you can get a cold or warm front move in. I'm actually heading down there the day after Thanksgiving. I'm a die-hard and will lay out even if it is in the 50's. As far as swimming in the gulf, you won't see a whole lot unless it is a particularly warm day. However, if the place where you're staying has a heated pool, there will be people swimming there.

As far as restaurants & bars....most are scattered all up and down Front Beach Road and Thomas Drive. However, if you're near Pier Park (PCB's outdoor mall), there are several restaurants and a few bars there. Depending upon where you're staying, you'll probably have to drive to Pier Park though.

Panama City, Florida
Level Contributor
308 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving trip what to do and weather advice

Thanksgiving weather on PCB can go either way. Last year it was very windy and cold, the year before that it was very mild and warm.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving trip what to do and weather advice

My family and I were in PCB last Thanksgiving, and I thought it was really cold. I believe it was highs of mid-60's and lows in the 40's. Burr!!! My nieces and nephews went swimming still, despite the chilly temps. When the sun was out, it wasn't bad. In the evening though, it was chilly and windy out. From what I know, the temps vary it seems.

As far as things being open - I don't remember a whole lot of things being open on actual Thanksgiving day. There was a bar/restaurant open at Pier Park, but nothing else was. I think there were some stores though, like Wal-Mart, Publix, and a couple others that were open for business. Waffle House was open too - I do remember that!! :)

Have fun!

4. Re: Thanksgiving trip what to do and weather advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2011, 04:16