We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October Trip

Which Panama City Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Topic
October Trip

We are traveling by car to Panama City Beach for the first time, October 9th for a week. We are looking forward to a nice, quiet time. Is anything going on this week? We really hope there isn't. We just want to relax and hopfully not have to battle crowds and traffic.

Does anyone have favorite directions from Nashville? We will stay there on our way to and from PCB. Thanks.

Panama City, Florida
Level Contributor
308 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: October Trip

The Seafood Festival is that first weekend you are coming. The 8th-10th will be pretty busy but the rest of the week you should be fine. I'm not sure where you are staying but the Pier Park area will be very busy that weekend.

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: October Trip

Thanks. I think we'll enjoy the Wine and Seafood Festival and when it's over we'll relax.

McMinnville, TN
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October Trip

Google maps will give you 3 suggested routes from Nashville. My husband's personal favorite route is I-65 S and AL-53 S/US-231 S. When you are looking at the different route options, be sure to check whether the hwys are 2 or 4 lane, as that will alter the official "GDT" (Google Driving Time). He says that 231 ends up being faster than 331 for that reason, and he has been driving to PCB since he was a teen... Hope you have a nice drive!

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: October Trip

Thank you. We're getting excited since this is our first trip to PCB. We usually go to Gulf Shores and love it but decided to try PCB this year.

Indiana
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October Trip

I go Montgomery and get off on 85 to 231, then go to Troy and get off on 87/ 167, that will take you to Enterprise, keep on 167, turns into 79 when you hit Florida, then straight into PCB, I have taken all 3 routes and like this one the best, its 15 hrs or so from NW Indiana so add about 1/12 to 2 hrs for your trip, wish I could be with you, its probably beautiful and a lot less crowds by now, usually go in July

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: October Trip

Thanks Frumpypuppy. Really, really need a vacation. Only 9 days to go.

McMinnville, TN
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October Trip

We were planning on taking 331 this trip just for variation, but decided to stick with 231 because of overnight accommodations.

frumpypuppy: Do you deviate from 231 onto 87 as a more scenic route or as a time saver?

Thanks!

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: October Trip

Thanks Namkraps. Husband has decided on the 231. Getting close. Leaving on Friday.

IN
Level Contributor
457 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October Trip

namkramps, I can't speak for frumpy puppy but that is the route I go also. I went 231 all the way once but traffic in and around Dothan was horrible. From Dothan south to the beach was bumper to bumper (both lanes). It took us a little longer going that route too. So, for me, it's a little quicker and far less aggravating!!

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: October Trip

Namkraps, I've tried to answer your pm but the system will not let me. We're staying at the Wyndham PCB. We are members but have never been to PCB. We've heard it's nice. We'll be by ourselves this trip. Usually travel with friends but, decided to go it alone this time. Our kids are grown. Since we've never been there before, I don't know if the resorts are anywhere near each other. Really ready for this trip!