We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young Couple wanting romantic place but great nightlife

1 post
Save Topic
Young Couple wanting romantic place but great nightlife

We are a young married couple (31, 28) and we wanted to come to Panama City for the weekend either October 29-31 or Nov 5-7th. Where is the best place to stay (great hotel, close to attractions). What are the best nightclubs? Also, my husband's favorite food is crablegs. Any good restaurants? We will be driving down from Atlanta.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Young Couple wanting romantic place but great nightlife

I think Aqua might be a nice place if you are looking for romance. My husband and I stay at a very small, family run place that is on the "quieter" side of the beach. It is located near almost everything - shopping, nightlife and restaurants. Club La Vela and Spinnaker's is not too far if you are driving. As far as crab legs, I believe there is a place called Bishop's Family Buffet (and another Bishop's restaurant...can't remember the name) that serve all you can eat crab legs. I have never been, but I read that the owner of that place was one of the key organizers of PCB's annual Seafood and Wine Festival....so I am guessing it's good. I always recommend The Captain's Table and Hunt's in Panama City as good seafood places. We just got back from PCB and tried Liza's Kitchen (Thomas Drive - great place for sandwiches and brunch on the weekends), Andy's Flour Power Bakery (awesome french toast) and Time Out Sports Bar. We went on a Tuesday night, and they had karaoke...not something we are normally into, but it was a lot of fun. Have fun!!

Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Young Couple wanting romantic place but great nightlife

I think you would like Schooners on the east end. A lot of locals go there. They have bands and dancing at night and it is just a cool place to hang out. It has its own website if you want to check it out. Schooners.com

We did not like Bishops. My husband prefers Captain Jacks on Thomas Drive for the all you can eat crab legs. It's pricey, but good. We usually stayi at Seychelles or Treasure Island, but have also stayed at Calypso and Shores of Panama. We liked these as well. Have fun!

3. Re: Young Couple wanting romantic place but great nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach