We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June vs July - Rosemary Beach/ seaside

stl
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
June vs July - Rosemary Beach/ seaside

We have gone to Rosemary Beach for the past two summers, Mid to early June. That time suits our schedule and we love it. The temps are about 90 degrees, although this yr closer to 95. The place is not too crowded - easy to get chair rentals. The thing I HATE is the June grass. It is disgusting and you have to walk quite sways out to get past it. Our kids like to play in the shallow so they are always in it. One day it was not there and I was able to see what we were missing.

This year, we may have to go in July. I am hoping this means no JUNE grass:) how is everything else? Heat? Crowded? We will no go 4th of July so that is not an issue. Probably late July. Maybe first wk of August.

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June vs July - Rosemary Beach/ seaside

I always go to PC Beach in early to mid June and again at the end of July/early August. Never stayed in Rosemary Beach but we do like to drive down 30A so I've been through there several times. The june grass is just hit and miss. The heat and crowds are about the same either month.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,436 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June vs July - Rosemary Beach/ seaside

We have gone to the Seagrove beach area the third week of July or first week of August for many many years. We always enjoy our trip. Since many school systems in the Southeast start back to school the first week of August that week may be a little less crowded but the third week of July has always been our favorite. We have been fortunate to have nice weather, good breeze and clear water.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June vs July - Rosemary Beach/ seaside

I think everything about the Gulf Coast is a hit and miss with a lot more misses than hits. It can be crowded, too hot or grassy water. I just plan my trip and take what is offered. Enjoy your next trip. Have fun.

GA
Level Contributor
469 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June vs July - Rosemary Beach/ seaside

We went last summer and a couple summers ago in both June and July. The water seems to be a bit calmer and clearer in June. Its not as hot in June either. I almost died of the heat last July. It was the worst EVER. I couldn't stand it. The June grass has never been out when we've been in June so I don't know about that. We've had quite a bit of moss in both June and July before, depending on the ocean and what kind of storms are out in the gulf. Of course, last summer, we delt with the oil spill and all. We went in June and the water was georgous. It wasn't near as pretty in July but we still had one or two days that were pretty. So, to answer your question, I wold say June is best!

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June vs July - Rosemary Beach/ seaside

The June grass usually starts around the third week in June and it is unpredictable how bad it will be or how long it will last.

6. Re: June vs July - Rosemary Beach/ seaside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2012, 06:16