We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any hotels w/ BIG pools & good teenager activites?

Indiana
Level Contributor
151 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any hotels w/ BIG pools & good teenager activites?

I need some ideas on a condo with a BIG pool along with acitvites there at the hotel for my teenagers to do like volleyball nets, pool tables ect. We stayed at the Dunes in Mrytle Beach a few years ago and they had the indoor waterpark, volleyball nets, shuffle board, ping pong tables, numerous things for the older kids to do but small out door pools, a ton of little kids, and it wasn't on the gulf side. So we came to PCB last year and LOVED our our hotels pool (Shores of Panama) however there really wasn't anything else for the kids to do but swim. The volleyball net was very sad, it was in the grass next to the weeds. And you had to wait hours to be able to use it since little kids were always messing around not even playing a game on it. lol

But we wanted to see if we could find a condo that has a pool like SOP but the amenties like the Dunes had or at least good volleyball nets would be a huge plus and being closer to pier park would be great. We are thinking about going in June or July and will need a 1 bdrm bunk or 2 bdrm and dont want to spend more then $1500 for a week.

I greatly appreciate any suggestions!!

Alabama
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any hotels w/ BIG pools & good teenager activites?

I would suggest the Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort. It is right on the beach with several pools, and indoor lazy river, 2 volley ball nets right on the beach and a family-friendly Tiki Bar on site with pool tables and karaoke! You should check it out. Im not sure about the rates, they may be a little high for it being summer time though.

Marietta Ga
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any hotels w/ BIG pools & good teenager activites?

Sandpiper Beacon doesnt have a big pool compared to Shores of Panama, Edgewater or Long Beach I would try ones that i just named Shores is the newest and very centrally located (also popular)

Indiana
Level Contributor
151 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any hotels w/ BIG pools & good teenager activites?

I really appreciate both of your suggestions. I have looked at Sandpiper which does look like it does a few of the things my older kids would love like the pools tables, volleyball, and maybe even the lazy river but the most important thing for all of us is having at least 1 BIG pool and it didn't seem to have that :(

We did stay at Shores of Panama last year and your right MrsNelson, that pool is amazing!! We loved loved loved it but really besides that big pool there wasnt anything else there. Or at least that we found. I actually didn't even remember seeing an indoor pool (which really doesn't matter to us) but my husband said that they did have one but it was very small.

Then funny that you suggested Edgewater because that is one that we were seriously considering but of course it is going to cost me at least $400-$600 more for that condo then one that I can get at Shores. So the question I wonder is if Edgewater is really worth that much more or not? I have read that they offer like 11 pools (which according to the layout we would only use the ones at the towers 1,2, & 3) tennis courts, basketball courts, arcade, volleyball on the beach, couple restraurants on site,& a ice cream parlor.

Maybe I will look into Long Beach also. I have read a little about it on here. I will see what it has to offer:)

houston
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any hotels w/ BIG pools & good teenager activites?

I have been many a time to Edgewater with Teenage girls. The place is crawling with teens. Watch out!!! Heee, They play volleyball until Midnight, they meet so many other teens and years later still keep in touch, Edgewater is a definite for teens.

Georgia
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any hotels w/ BIG pools & good teenager activites?

I was going to suggest Edgewater as well. Lots of activities, pools, volleyball, game room, ping pong, other teens, etc. I would try to stay in the towers. I think you shouldn't have a problem finding a condo at Edgewater for $1500 (or right around that). We have a timeshare at the condo (Ocean Towers) right next to Edgewater, and that place always has lots going on. During my teen years we used to always sneak into Edgewater to hang out at the huge pool. Lots of great memories.

Georgia
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there any hotels w/ BIG pools & good teenager activites?

Maybe you could call Edgewater and ask what their weekly activity schedule is. I know most larger resorts have lots of activities daily, most being free. Things like Bingo, Banana Split Afternoons, Sand Dollar Painting, Sandcastle Contests, Crab Races, Movie Nights, etc. I don't know how old your teens are, but if they have free activities that keep them busy - spending the extra on the condo might be worth it b/c they won't be wanting extra money to be going to other places in town.

Have you checked out VRBO? Maybe get a few quotes and go from there. Good Luck. I'll be next door to Edgewater mid-July :) Can't wait!

Edited: 10 June 2011, 19:20
7. Re: Are there any hotels w/ BIG pools & good teenager activites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Panama City Beach
Recent Conversations