We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must eats

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
722 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Must eats

What are the must eats or preferred restaurants in Panama. We are trying to figure out a list of restaurants that come highly recommended in the area. So far, I know that we will definitely be visiting Salt Water Grill.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks

Huntsville, Al.
Level Contributor
121 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must eats

If you want a change from seafood one night, try Angelo's. Their steak is awesome.

Tuscaloosa Al
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must eats

Our favorites are:

The Boatyard. Try Konrad's BLT or the grouper sandwich.

http://www.boatyardclub.com

We also like Schooners.

http://www.schooners.com/

For sandwiches, we like Liza's Kitchen.

http://www.lovelizas.com/

I've also heard good things about The Firefly Cafe, but haven't been there yet. The menu looks pretty good. We're planning to give it a try on our next trip in April.

http://www.fireflypcb.com/

Mentioned in this post
Firefly
Firefly
2,114 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Liza's Kitchen
Liza's Kitchen
584 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must eats

Our family wasn't able to go last year but have been the 6 yrs before. Our family favs are:

Angelo's for an awesome steak. Go early or plan to wait in line. Big place but high demand. we've waited as long as 45 mins for a table.

The Boatyard--Great seafood. Again, go early or plan to wait. in line.

Capt Jacks--If you like a seafood buffet and willing to pay the price, this will be the best one on the beach. Never ending crablegs, shrimp, fish, deviled crab, scollops and much more.

Pier 77--not sure if it's still there or not, but it's a local favorite off Thomas Drive. Prices are fair and not crowded like the other favorites.

Capt Anderson's--Many people swear by this restaurant and won't eat anywhere else. Personally I think it's too expensive for what you get but many people go and enjoy it.

Schooner's--prices went up last time we were there but food still pretty good and enjoyed the band that played afterward.

That's all I can think of right now but if I think of more, I'll post here.

Good Luck,

Karen

Mentioned in this post
Capt. Anderson's Restaurant
Capt. Anderson's...
1,881 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Brevard, North...
Level Contributor
225 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must eats

People have given you some great dinner suggestions, so I'll recommend a breakfast place: Andy's Flour Power. The food and bakery items are absolutely wonderful, and the people are very nice also.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
722 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must eats

Thanks everyone!!

Loganville, GA
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Must eats

Hunt's and Captain's Table across the bridge in Panama City are a must.

Mentioned in this post
Panama City Beach
Panama City Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Atlanta
Level Contributor
94 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Must eats

I have heard that Firefly is really nice. Also, if you happen to go to Destin, the Donut Hole is great for any meal.

Mentioned in this post
Firefly
Firefly
2,114 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Donut Hole
Donut Hole
421 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
Atlanta
Level Contributor
245 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Must eats

Some people swear by Capt. Anderson's, but we hated it. What a huge tourist trap. What is it that people see in this place???? Maybe there is no seafood where they live???? The place is huge. Unless you go early, there is a long wait. (to be expected at the beach...but the wait is not worth it at this place).Once they call your name...you go from one hostess to another. It really feels like a cattle call. Oh...and it is waaaaay overpriced.

I know people go back to this place year after year, but I am honestly not sure what they see in it. You get much better food at better price at places like Bonefish Grill.

We are wanting to try Firefly and maybe The Boatyard when we go in May.

I do have to say that we detest "tourist trap" kind of restaurants...so maybe that clouds our judgement. When you read the TA reviews for Capt. A's- people seem to either really love it or really dislike it.

Mentioned in this post
Capt. Anderson's Restaurant
Capt. Anderson's...
1,881 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Georgia
Level Contributor
477 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Must eats

I'm glad your going to Saltwater Grill. It is our all time favorite in PCB and we always go there for dinner one night. You know whats funny I've been going to PCB for years and I have never been to Cap't Anderson's. It sounds like I'm not missing out on much. I really want to try Firefly's this year and heard the food was fantastic. I believe President Obama ate there on his trip to PCB last year. We liked the Boatyard in the past but have only been once. Again, the best food we've ever had was at the Saltwater Grill. We've never had a bad meal there.

Mentioned in this post
Saltwater Grill
Saltwater Grill
2,023 Reviews
Panama City Beach, FL
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
634 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Must eats

Pier 77 is a great place. We go at least a few times when we are in PCB.