We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boogie boarding

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
9 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Boogie boarding

Are the beaches good for boogie boarding. We were thinking of June with our 14yr old son, will we find things for him to do?

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boogie boarding

The gulf waters are not as good for boogie boarding as the Atlantic side. That said, I see lots of kids doing it every year when we go down and having a blast. Some days the water is really calm and you won't catch much of a wave but on other days you'll catch a nice swell. Check out mrsurf.com. They give a gaily surf report and will often mention skim boarding. PCB also has a lot of other things for kids to do like go-karts, bungee jumping, jet skis, minature golf, etc.

Thomaston
Destination Expert
for Panama City Beach
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boogie boarding

Sorry. That web site should have read mrsurfs.com Click on surf report. It gives a daily report on surf and water conditions in Panama City Beach.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
94 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boogie boarding

My 14 year old and brother do it all day every day! They love it!! That being said, where in the world do they go after vacation, because I seem to buy new ones every year!

Indiana
Level Contributor
367 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boogie boarding

I see a lot of kids using the skim boards on the shoreline, don't know if its the same or not, looks like a lot of fun

Edited: 28 March 2011, 21:11
Panama City, Florida
Level Contributor
308 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Boogie boarding

Yes you can "if" there are any waves. June and the summer months can be very flat. I would wait to buy one until you get here and see what the conditions are because also if there is a storm and the waves are to high there is ussually a rip currnt also and they will close the beach to swimming.

6. Re: Boogie boarding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 03:19